Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7647 (Sweetheart Neckline Knit Top)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Christas said... (7/27/09 5:57 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful top! I loved seeing it and also the travel photos ...... so pretty!
eugenia123 said... (7/20/09 11:22 AM) Reply
What a great story and your top will be a wonderful souvenir of a lovely vacation. And it has turned out looking really great - I love it.
RobinMCPA said... (7/19/09 11:18 PM) Reply
I love this top! Great fabric!
Catbird said... (7/19/09 8:04 PM) Reply
What a great top and a great story!! I love the way you've distributed the print in just the right places. It looks great on you! My grandmother was from Sweden (Udvalla), so I enjoyed the travelogue. I'll check out your blog, too.
carolynw said... (7/19/09 9:01 AM) Reply
This is definitely a TNT for you - looks so good on you - a winner in every way
ITAdmin said... (7/19/09 7:12 AM) Reply
I think you should make more of these because it's a great style for you. Love the fabric, too, and the story of how the top was made.
Sweetiebop said... (7/18/09 10:53 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you.
Annette1 said... (7/18/09 10:49 PM) Reply
This is one of my FAVORITE tops you've EVER made, Louella. I just think it looks GREAT on you! The silhouette is SO pretty, and all the details and the fabric choice only add to it. Very thorough review, as usual. :o) I also loved looking at your travel pictures. Just the background in the project photo alone makes me wish I could visit Sweden. :o)
pterion said... (7/18/09 8:24 PM) Reply
Wow that's dedication! It's a super cute top on you and on Heather. I'm sure your in-laws were very impressed too!
Terri A said... (7/18/09 7:45 PM) Reply
That is SO what I would do too. I check out the sewing shop in every place we travel to. If visiting someone with an old sewing machine in the corner, I always have to look at it:-) Yup, my family intentionally avoids fabric stores, when we are on a trip:-) They are like- there goes mom again - RUN!
kim*brown said... (7/18/09 2:41 PM) Reply
I love Burda and when I see you in this it makes me love them even more.
Heidi Ho said... (7/18/09 2:12 PM) Reply
Nice top!! And welcome home. I guess it is hard to save money by sewing in Sweden though! Hope you had a great trip!
Re Becca said... (7/18/09 12:39 PM) Reply
What a wonderful souvenir. It looks super cute, and not at all maternity. Love the colors
Leora said... (7/18/09 12:25 PM) Reply
This is a really cute style. Your story is great too. I saw a top like this recently that had a metal U shaped piece instead of the loop...>u<
michellep74 said... (7/18/09 12:21 PM) Reply
Great looking top and super funny review. You had me cracking up reading through your adventure. And I love anything from ABBA/Mamma Mia.
marjenann said... (7/18/09 12:17 PM) Reply
OMG! What a story and review!!! You look as amazing as always in that scrumptious top!!! Glad to have you posting and sewing here in the states! Annette 1
mad4sewing said... (7/18/09 10:48 AM) Reply
This is a wonderful looking blouse with an especially lovely nostalgia behind it's creation. I bet you think of Sweden (or you sing "mama mia....here I go again,my my, how can I resist you") every time you wear it!
renren said... (7/18/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Your riddle: "However, this top did not get packed in my suitcase for our trip to Sweden to visit my in-laws. It got packed on our way home to Southern California. How did that happen?" My answer: You wore it on the flight from the US to Sweden and you packed it coming back! Ha! You have a much better story. Very nice top and story. I bet your mil was suitably impressed. Also thanks for dredging up from my brain the lyrics to that hauntingly beautiful song: "And if I had to do it all again/I would my friend, Fernando." I will bring that song to my dd's attention; perhaps she will buy it for her IPOD thus enabling me to hear it from time to time.
Jali said... (7/18/09 9:42 AM) Reply
That's a real lovely top and fabric and a lovely sewn souvenir to remember your trip by. I am guessing the colour choice in the fabric was intentional. Pretty pretty!

SewBaby The Twirly Dress Pattern