Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2943 (SASSOON MISSES' DRESS (OOP))

Reviewed by:Fictionfan

About Fictionfanstar
VT United States
Member since: 5/19/06
Posted on:11/27/09 8:30 PM
Last Updated:11/29/09 1:48 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Fictionfan said... (11/30/09 7:52 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone!
Sara The Slayer said... (11/30/09 7:29 AM) Reply
Fab'lous, fab'lous! No, really, this is the kind of reason I got into sewing.
whirrclunk said... (11/29/09 5:02 PM) Reply
Wow, what a lot of work, but a great result! The dress looks fantastic! The colour is excellent too. I hope that you will get many more occasions to wear it (and that it will survive a wash!).
Beek said... (11/28/09 2:11 PM) Reply
All your hours invested in this pattern paid off. It is a stunning accomplishment! Love that color of silk!
Heatherrique said... (11/28/09 11:30 AM) Reply
Such a breathtaking dress from the front and the back! I like the look of your sleeves. Thanks for your very detailed journey and I admire you for your perseverance. Nevertheless, you created a fine looking dress.
imsewcrazy said... (11/28/09 10:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Well worth the time and effort. This dress is gorgeous on you!
Fictionfan said... (11/28/09 10:00 AM) Reply
Thanks lamstu!
Fictionfan said... (11/28/09 9:59 AM) Reply
ALY, thank you! You should definitely pin fit this to your dress form and get started soon if you want it for a party next month!
Fictionfan said... (11/28/09 9:50 AM) Reply
Sharon M, thank you for your kind words. I looked at some of your recent reviews and it looks to me like you have the skills and talent to make this dress. Don't be put off by my review! It really was a fun dress to make and to wear.
lamstu said... (11/28/09 8:39 AM) Reply
A very excellent dress, and worth all of your time to create this interesting pattern. I hope you'll get to wear it many times!
ALY said... (11/27/09 10:29 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! I recently bought this pattern with the idea of using it to make an xmas party dress. It is always great to see a pattern made up and modeled on a real person.
Sharon M said... (11/27/09 8:56 PM) Reply
Wow! The dress is gorgeous!! Thank you for such a wonderfullly detailed review. I do have this pattern in my stash as I was also intrigued by all the seaming. After reading your review I'm not sure if I'm motivated or scared :-) J/K...I'm printing this out and tucking it into the pattern envelope so I'll be prepared if and when I do sew this up. Again, it's a beautiful dress and you did a fabulous job.

SewBaby Poncho Pizazz Pattern