Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> 504 (fleece socks)

Reviewed by:Kayseri

About Kayseristarstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 4/21/09
Posted on:7/30/09 8:12 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Judy Kski said... (1/10/15 12:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the added info about different types of fabrics to use, appropriate stitches and needle types. This is exactly why I check out the reviews on PR before I get started.
Kayseri said... (1/17/10 3:11 PM) Reply
I used a 75/11 stretch needle, but going up to an 80/12 stretch would be fine.--- I used a stretch stitch, on my machine this is a lightening bolt shape. But a zigzag would also do the trick. --- Note when going around the heel you use a wide zigzag and the stitch length (the distance between the needle going into the fabric) needs to be medium. If it's too close together the heel stretches.
campvictor60 said... (1/16/10 3:22 PM) Reply
what size needle did you use to sew two pieces of fleece together? also, did you use a stretch setting on your machine? i am a beginner. thank you
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/31/09 8:11 AM) Reply
Using a sweater as a source for woolen knit... what an inspiration! I LOVE thick cushy wool sox, and the mens ones I occasionally buy at a sporting goods store are always just too big and the girly-ones inadequate.. You have given me a solution! I haved eyed that pattern on the revolving rack at JoAnn's many times... next trip it goes into my cart... a big THANK YOU!
o3b said... (7/31/09 2:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great idea for using up the leftovers sweaters from my diaper making days! I'd like to get this pattern and make them for all in my family. I'm thinking of adding fabric paint to the bottom so we don't slip on the wood floors. I like your photo display.
mhk3boys said... (7/30/09 8:23 PM) Reply