Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 110 (Maia Jacket)

Reviewed by:AmyRose

About AmyRosestar
Member since: 7/31/08

Posted on:8/1/09 11:24 AM
Last Updated:8/1/09 11:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
katie lynne said... (8/7/09 5:37 PM) Reply
This is so nice, very cool made in the linen. I've got this in my stash too, and I agree that this jacket's style is way ahead of the pack. I love your choice of lining--its gorgeous. Thank you for sharing, now I'm jazzed to make it.
Barbara V said... (8/4/09 11:40 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket; wonderful lines and detail.
nancy2001 said... (8/4/09 8:06 PM) Reply
Beautifully made. You sew superbly.
Athene said... (8/3/09 1:41 AM) Reply
Such a good looking jacket - makes me really want to buy the pattern.
Annette1 said... (8/2/09 4:46 PM) Reply
A truly BEAUTIFUL jacket, made all the more so with your impeccable attention to detail and skilled execution. I SOOOOO agree with your conclusion in that this is superior to the jacket designs of some of the other independent pattern companies. I do NOT like "BOXES." :o) Maybe they're made that way to allow for embellishment, but I much prefer the stylish lines of this jacket. I've had this pattern for quite some time, and this is the first time I've seen it made up. Now I'm convinced that it needs to move to the TOP of my stack, or at least near the top. Great review!
DorothyK said... (8/2/09 2:24 PM) Reply
This is a great jacket. I never would have noticed it if I hadn't read your review. I love what you did with it - the fabric, the lining, the buttons, and your attention to detail. It is now on my wish list.
chicaem29 said... (8/2/09 12:12 PM) Reply
I really like your jacket. I will have to check out this and other La Fred patterns! Great job.
becca a said... (8/2/09 11:28 AM) Reply
Very beautiful, stylish jacket. I love your combination of fabric and buttons.
beth5646 said... (8/2/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I wasn't really interested in this pattern before, but I will check it out now.
Beek said... (8/2/09 9:56 AM) Reply
What a functional and fashoinable jacket! It looks like "Armani" to me!
lamstu said... (8/1/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful, very nice sewing here. I've had this pattern since it was released, but never made it. LOVE your fabric choice - I am inspired!
Fran S said... (8/1/09 7:19 PM) Reply
Nice! I looked at this La Fred pattern but wouldn't have pictured it like this. Great use of the casual, slightly rumpled linen with a jacket with a lot of detail. Casual, but with loads of style.
Judy Wentz said... (8/1/09 5:51 PM) Reply
Awesome! jw
Mary Nanna said... (8/1/09 3:52 PM) Reply
a beautiful jacket - so soft and feminine with lovely shaping and elegant buttons
RLL said... (8/1/09 3:11 PM) Reply
I love everything about this jacket...the fabric, the color, the style lines, the buttons.....all of it.
Sallygirl said... (8/1/09 12:34 PM) Reply
You have made the cutest jackets. This one is no exception! Great job!
Patti B said... (8/1/09 12:28 PM) Reply
Very stylish jacket. I've been tempted by this pattern but the seam with the corner seems intimidating, though lovely.
Vibekeinyork said... (8/1/09 12:12 PM) Reply
Incredibly beautiful. And so useful for so many occations. With jeans, linnen trousers, kaki trousers, skirts and dresses. Love the mixture of vintage looking feminine pattern and the rough textured fabric. Congratulations.

Kwik Sew 3521