Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8590 (TOTES AND DOUBLE BAGS)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:8/2/09 10:43 PM
Last Updated:8/25/09 8:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

Other Projects by Patti B using this Pattern

Cultured Purl said... (5/15/10 10:53 AM) Reply
PS~ Patti I added you on as one of my "favorites" so I can follow your sewing adventures ( and advice) Oh I am not so sure if I am supposed to tell this or not~ If not I hope they will let me know,,,,
Cultured Purl said... (5/15/10 10:44 AM) Reply
Patti~ LOVE your bag! Seems like we have the same taste ( I DO love your SW top too!) and by your GREAT reviews I did purchase your shorts pattern too~ I think you are an EXCELLENT seamstress and I will ba watching what you make from now on ~ knowing that it will be very close to my taste in clothing! This is the first bag I will be making so I am looking forward to doing this one( and you enabled me b/c I went out and purchased this pattern ( when JAnne's had the sale of course) because I want to make this bag so much! ( It will be my first review too!) THANKS for the advice on handles etc,,,I kinda though it would require more than it was called for, or maybe I carry too much in my bags?
Cynott said... (12/1/09 8:38 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern this weekend, so I was excited to see your picture. Your bag came out beautiful. Thanks for the review.
JDpenelope said... (9/8/09 7:50 PM) Reply
Patti--Somehow, I missed this review. Your bag is gorgeous and the addition of the piping is an elegant touch. Does the pattern have good instructions for an insert? (I hate figuring stuff out myself.) This bag looks like an option for MY upcoming trip. I like all the pockets, the elastic, the shape, and the roominess. Glad it worked so well for you.
Diane E said... (9/7/09 12:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag and really helpful review, Patti. I'm looking for interesting stash-busting patterns, and this looks like a great pick.
nancy2001 said... (8/26/09 10:36 AM) Reply
It's good to know you're bag works well for you.
Tere Sews said... (8/26/09 8:22 AM) Reply
I am so glad you reviewed this. I am going to Marcy's Design Outside the Lines in Taos next month and was debating what project to work on. Definitely the bag. I have a collection of dupioni scraps that will be a base for surface design to make the body of this bag. Thanks for the tips on the pockets.
KarmenG said... (8/21/09 7:53 PM) Reply
I'm trying to decide on a pattern to make a gift for a friend. This pattern is a contender - more so after your good experience. You bag is wonderful. Have a great trip and thanks for all the hints. (I had not read about sewing off the fabric when leaving a slit in lining - thanks for the helpful tip!)
Mrs. Columbo said... (8/7/09 11:00 AM) Reply
I looked at this pattern and debated getting it ... I thought I'd have trouble with the elastic ... now I have to buy it. LOL :)
nancy2001 said... (8/4/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Great looking bag. You did a beautiful job on it.
Leora said... (8/4/09 0:45 AM) Reply
The red piping accents the fabrics beautifully. Pretty bag!
sew2little said... (8/3/09 7:38 PM) Reply
Patti--It's beautiful! Marci
beth5646 said... (8/3/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Excellent. I love your bag. I have been thinking about making that pattern for my sisters for Christmas. Thanks for your review. Very helpful.
valerie sews said... (8/3/09 8:08 AM) Reply
Super cute bag - looks better than the ones on the envelope
Athene said... (8/3/09 0:35 AM) Reply
Patti the bag is gorgeous. Like you, I too have several Marcy Tilton patterns, but unfortunately never seem to have enough time to sew them. The colors in your bag are a real inspiration.

by: amynxdx