Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3775 (Misses Knit Dresses)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:8/2/09 10:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Mahler said... (8/24/09 1:19 PM) Reply
This combination of fabric, rushing and length flour give the dress such a look. I feel you have revived the pattern. Nice, nice, nice... plus I love your sandals. ;-)
CarolynGM said... (8/23/09 7:43 AM) Reply
This is lovely in the longer length. The ruched midriff is very flattering.
Barbara V said... (8/3/09 11:51 PM) Reply
Your long version looks lovely especially with the horizontal design. Very nice!
fryman said... (8/3/09 6:20 PM) Reply
thank you for a great review! It looks great on you and I like the added length.
Secretsugar said... (8/3/09 3:52 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely, and I found your information about the ruching sections very helpful indeed. Maybe now I'll actually make this one since the pattern's been sitting around in my stash for awhile...!
Catbird said... (8/3/09 10:16 AM) Reply
This dress in this fabric on you is fantastic! I especially like the way you've placed the darker stripe at the sleeve hem, which pulls everything together so beautifully. It looks great, and I'm so happy I have this pattern in my stash. Thanks for the helpful review!
DorothyK said... (8/3/09 9:35 AM) Reply
This dress looks fabulous on you. I like the idea of lengthening it. I wish I had thought of that when I made it.
carolynw said... (8/3/09 9:22 AM) Reply
Kay this is lovely - let's see now - bring this to our PR week end and I can try it on - just before I "run for the car" - love your fabric
Nancy K said... (8/3/09 9:09 AM) Reply
Great summer dress.
DebJ said... (8/3/09 8:25 AM) Reply
Hi Kay, very nice dress. Your comment on the ruching was very interesting. I made a similar dress for Shelby and when she didn't have the dress on, the middle ruching sagged a bit and then stretched out and looked fine when she was wearing it. So the pieces were not narrower than the main pieces. I think this makes for a more comfortable dress. Can't wait to see the dress in person!
SpinningJenny said... (8/3/09 4:50 AM) Reply
I love your pattern placement Kay. This dress has turned out a treat in this fabric - an easy to wear, but very stylish garment.
Athene said... (8/3/09 0:42 AM) Reply
I love the fabric and you are so lovely and slim that the horizontal lines look great on you.
Raye Ann said... (8/3/09 0:18 AM) Reply
i always look forward to your creations. i think this is beautiful and very unique! a decidedly more sophisticated maxi dress.
ConnieBJ said... (8/2/09 11:40 PM) Reply
Kay it looks great!
Knitters Delight said... (8/2/09 11:40 PM) Reply
I love it! I've made this one twice myself.
persevering said... (8/2/09 11:38 PM) Reply
Your fabric is outstanding and this dress is beautiful. How wonderfully it fits. Thanks for your review with your helpful sewing details.
michalklimer said... (8/2/09 11:36 PM) Reply
it is so pretty! such a great fit!
Re Becca said... (8/2/09 11:20 PM) Reply
That looks so fabulously comfortable! It certainly does look easy to wear.

by: Sheila457