Pattern Reviews> LaFred> Clio Blouse (Clio Blouse)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/5/09 5:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 23 people

Other Projects by Barbara V using this Pattern

Athene said... (12/22/09 9:09 AM) Reply
Very nice top.
Lainy said... (8/18/09 6:54 PM) Reply
I saw this pattern at a store today and really appreciated seeing your versions. I especially like the thai silk version. Think I'll give this one a try.
Heatherrique said... (8/7/09 0:39 AM) Reply
I adore your elegant and eyecatchingly enticing interpretation of this pattern, Barbara! Superb color and fabric choice. You look so fine (as usual!) in this! La Fred should thank you for generating a lot of interest in this pattern and boosting sales!
Barbara V said... (8/6/09 10:51 PM) Reply
Ladies, Thank you for your comments! grey ann, I used Pro-Sheer Elegance fusible interfacing from I recently ordered a sampling after reading rave reviews about these interfacings here on PR. I wasn't disappointed. As you can see it provided light and soft support. I'm anxious to try some of the other interfacings as well.
Kay Y said... (8/6/09 9:41 PM) Reply
Your fit alterations make this look just gorgeous on you - swingy but not baggy. Really pretty!
grey ann said... (8/6/09 9:15 PM) Reply
It looks stunning on you - very becoming. I am ordering this pattern and your comments on choosing the size helped a lot. Which interfacing did you use? And please do publish the picture of the striped version. Thanks.
Peggy L said... (8/6/09 1:26 PM) Reply
This looks so stylish on you. Great review.
Christas said... (8/6/09 12:20 PM) Reply
What an absolutely gorgeous blouse! The color and style are so lovely. Your review is excellent!
speedykay said... (8/6/09 11:59 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning! You and the blouse! Your fabric choice is also gorgeous. I've been waiting on a review of this pattern. I just ordered, thanks to you. k
CynthiaSue said... (8/6/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! gorgeous color on you! Love how it drapes and falls. It's a tunic without being one!!
calminatrix said... (8/6/09 9:33 AM) Reply
you look beautiful in your perfectly constructed blouse! the fabric is gorgeous, ruined or not!
Jane S said... (8/6/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Wow, what a fabulous top. I hesitated to buy this with just fashion drawings on the pattern cover but your pictures mean that I'll be adding this one to my collection.
Nancy K said... (8/6/09 8:40 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! It looks better in real life than in her illustrations. Maybe the fact that you took it in a bit and cut it smaller. It is a very becoming blouse with the neckline and the fit.
Bunsnpigs said... (8/6/09 8:03 AM) Reply
The blouse is gorgeous. Wow. I love the lines on you. I may have to get this pattern.
Rebecca D said... (8/6/09 7:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for alerting me to this pattern. Your top is lovely and the choice of the silk was inspired.
Karine said... (8/6/09 6:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review! I received the email notification from La Fred last week, but thought the top looked too big and baggy. Yours is beautiful. Just enough swing to showcase the lines without being sloppy. The Thai silk was a great choice for this. Very nice!
Mary in MS said... (8/6/09 0:04 AM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse :)
Morisot said... (8/5/09 10:50 PM) Reply
Lovely lines. Beautiful fabric and workmanship. And it looks great on you.
nancyc said... (8/5/09 8:16 PM) Reply
This blouse looks great on you! I love your fabric choice. Nice job and great review. Thanks for including the tips. This is the first time I have seen this pattern.
RLL said... (8/5/09 8:07 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! I love the pattern, the fabric and the way it fits you.
Patti B said... (8/5/09 8:01 PM) Reply
What a flattering, stylish top! I had convinced myself that I didn't need this pattern -- may need to reconsider that.
Material Girl 1 said... (8/5/09 8:01 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job you did and I love the fabric and the color. Thanks for such a good thorough review!
carolynw said... (8/5/09 7:28 PM) Reply
This is very nice Barb - am waiting to see the striped version - next week? I like the idea of the bottom being on the bias as this should reduce unflattering flaring out
Flying Seamstress said... (8/5/09 7:21 PM) Reply
You've sewn an elegant & stylish tunic! Lovely, lovely, lovely!
sew2little said... (8/5/09 7:07 PM) Reply
Barbara--You look so chic! Beautiful marriage of pattern and fabric! Marci
mleclair said... (8/5/09 6:36 PM) Reply
Really lovely. It fits so well and you look wonderful. A great inspiration to try La Fred patters. Thanks.
SueV said... (8/5/09 6:29 PM) Reply
really nice! thanks for the review.... I think I *need* this pattern
Aixoise said... (8/5/09 5:58 PM) Reply
Lovely top. The lines are very becoming, and the collar frames your face beautifully. Your workmanship is so good. Thanks for making me aware of this pattern.
FreyaStark said... (8/5/09 5:57 PM) Reply
A stylish and distinctive top. Well done, and thanks for alerting us to this interesting pattern. I have fabrics that would suit it very well.
DorothyK said... (8/5/09 5:46 PM) Reply
I like this pattern very much. Your top looks wonderful on you. I like all the techniques you described. As usual, you did a great job.
Izzie said... (8/5/09 5:32 PM) Reply
What a nice tunic! Your "ruined" fabric looks fabulous! Thanks for the review, I had not seen this pattern yet.
Kathy_AZ said... (8/5/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse -- you look great in it!
Pattern Work