Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7767 (Mens shirt top)

Reviewed by:tinaSA

Last Updated:8/21/09 9:59 AM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts

Sweater knit fabrics

Sew4Fun said... (12/30/11 4:55 PM) Reply
Very helpful review, thanks.
Andys Mom said... (10/13/09 10:02 PM) Reply
One comment I have on Burda Patterns is that the pocket always seems high. What was your opinion on pocket placement?
tinaSA said... (8/25/09 3:24 PM) Reply
Thanks sofietje, he loves the shirt! The feel of the linen is very different from ordinary cotton shirts. I'm planning to make more - I'm sure they'll be cool in our hot humid summer weather.
sofietje said... (8/23/09 4:09 PM) Reply
I think the photo (even with the wrinkles) is a big compliment. It looks like your husband enjoys wearing the shirt.
tinaSA said... (8/23/09 3:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Peter, I used Mettler 100% cotton embroidery thread instead of my usual Mettler 100% Silk Finish sewing thread (wouldn't have tried this if I hadn't read about it in David Page Coffin's book). I found it made the topstitching look much better. I chose a medium grey - best match for the khaki.
Vintage Joan said... (8/22/09 7:34 PM) Reply
Excellent review -- thanks! Beautiful shirt.
rachel5000 said... (8/22/09 4:04 AM) Reply
I love this shirt. Through the years shirts have become my absolute favorite garment to sew. You did an EXCELLENT JOB!!! Rachel
FreyaStark said... (8/21/09 5:42 PM) Reply
Well done. I love it!
Peter in NYC said... (8/21/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Whoops -- didn't mean to re-post. Sorry!
Peter in NYC said... (8/21/09 11:44 AM) Reply

Peter in NYC said... (8/21/09 11:43 AM) Reply
I love your photo album -- thanks for posting it! As someone who makes mens shirts, this is SO helpful. I really appreciate all the details about creating seams in particular. The collar looks fantastic and your stitches are beautiful. What kind of thread did you use for this shirt, by the way. Great job!
Terri A said... (8/21/09 11:37 AM) Reply
Great fit on him. Nice job. My husband also needs an athletic tapering at the waist... Thanks for the review.
Elona said... (8/21/09 10:49 AM) Reply
You fixed it! I can click the photo, and it's a beautiful, classic-looking shirt! Nice job, and I bet your dh is just delighted with it.
tinaSA said... (8/21/09 9:47 AM) Reply
Hi, I'm still a newbie at posting reviews, am trying to make the photo clickable...
CynthiaSue said... (8/17/09 11:04 AM) Reply
love it, can you make it so we can click on the picture?? It looks amazing and I want to make one for my husband!
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/17/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Ditto Elona's comments... I would love to see the details. We are all voyeurs here it would seem... Shirt looks great, even in miniature. Thanks for sharing.
Elona said... (8/17/09 4:07 AM) Reply
The shirt sounds as though it's beautiful; certainly your choice of fabric and construction techniques are terrific--and I'd really love to see them. But the "project photo" is not clickable, and the details simply cannot be seen without that or a link to a photo somewhere else on the web. Could you supply us with a clickable pic, pretty please?
becca a said... (8/5/09 10:40 AM) Reply
Very helpful review!
KathyBKnits said... (8/4/09 5:32 PM) Reply
Thanks! Very helpful information!

by: ButtonFait...