Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1031

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 26 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

becca a said... (12/28/09 0:45 AM) Reply
This is a great jacket Nancy. I have considered getting this pattern. Thank you for the very detailed review.
twinkle72 said... (10/21/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Hi Nancy, I came to look at your version of the RBCJ. It looks great. I wish I had read your review about double knit before I chose my fabric and got started. It was a little tricky for me!
katie lynne said... (8/12/09 6:23 PM) Reply
This is so sharp-looking on you! Great job. I'm wondering too, if a fairly supple wool/blend could work. Hmmm...the descriptors (little stretch, stable, firm...knits) do indicate that they might work as well. Okay, you've gone and done it--I'm adding this to my wish list!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (8/12/09 1:39 AM) Reply
Hi Nancy, thanks for excellent review. I am wondering why a knit is needed? What do you think of using a lightweight supple wool tweed? It doesn't seem from the pattern a stretch is needed. . .thanks for your thoughts!
Larkin said... (8/11/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Nancy, another great review. Thanks for the details - your jacket looks great!
Mufffet said... (8/10/09 4:05 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you, and looks like a really nice sewing job here. Very nice.
fuzzygalore said... (8/10/09 10:16 AM) Reply
Thick knit jackets like that are so comfortable, and look so much sharper than a hoodie :-). However it looks to me like you should have done an FBA - the horizontal flaps you had to omit could only work if the seam was below the bust, not right at it.
DorothyK said... (8/10/09 8:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for your helpful review. This jacket looks terrific.
ITAdmin said... (8/10/09 5:47 AM) Reply
Great jacket and a great review. Thanks for all the useful information.
Heatherrique said... (8/9/09 5:33 PM) Reply
Snazzy and stunning jacket! You look fantastic!
kellymailinglist said... (8/9/09 10:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, especially the informative comments about the lapel and hem -- cool result, too!
carolynw said... (8/9/09 9:27 AM) Reply
Very nice Nancy - have yet to sew a Hot Pattern but this may be the one! Thanks for the excellent review
Erica B. said... (8/9/09 8:50 AM) Reply
Fabulous cardi/jacket! I'm sure the fabric you used is incredibly soft and cozy!
marjenann said... (8/9/09 8:07 AM) Reply
Smart and sassy!! What versatile piece. The fabric is just perfect!! Love it!!
Athene said... (8/9/09 1:46 AM) Reply
A great jacket and such a nice fit on you.
Karen6790 said... (8/8/09 11:50 PM) Reply
This UFO is currently hovering in my sewing room. I had some of the same issues with it that you did, and I like my methods of construction better than theirs. Seeing your result will make me finish my jacket, whether or not I make another one remains to be seen. Congrats on finishing a UFO!
Barbara V said... (8/8/09 8:18 PM) Reply
How nice to have a wool cashmere jacket. It's beautiful and fits you very well.
Immelu said... (8/8/09 7:11 PM) Reply
It looks great!!! I made this and love wearing it...I would like to make another one with longer sleeves for fall.
Dmd4106 said... (8/8/09 5:34 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Enjoy reading your review.
mrsbewley said... (8/8/09 4:54 PM) Reply
Very cute!
michellep74 said... (8/8/09 4:39 PM) Reply
This is really cute! I've had the pattern in my stash for a while but have been waiting to see it made up on someone with a fuller bust. I think I'm sold now--I just picked up a wool doubleknit from Michael that I think would be perfect for this.

StyleArc Trixi Knit Wrap Dress