Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> F833 (Cargo Shorts and Zip-Leg Pants)

Reviewed by:KateLoom

About KateLoomstar
MA United States
Member since: 6/22/07
Posted on:8/27/09 5:56 PM
Last Updated:8/30/09 1:52 PM

zxylady said... (12/11/12 10:20 PM) Reply
I have a question... how do I go about making the shorts without the zippers and with a lining? I am using Supplex, BTW.
SueC56 said... (1/31/10 12:34 PM) Reply
Glad I read this before I made the pattern!
KateLoom said... (8/30/09 2:08 PM) Reply
Hmm...what took more time? I'd say writing the review. I had my laptop with me as I worked so I just dumped my stream of consciousness ramblings into a file as I went. But I had so many sewing interruptions that I felt like I needed to go back and edit to avoid repeating myself. Re: uploading the pix, I do website design for a living, so getting the visuals etc together was the easy part.
KateLoom said... (8/30/09 2:08 PM) Reply

KateLoom said... (8/30/09 2:07 PM) Reply
Hmm...what took more time? I'd say writing the review. I had my laptop with me as I worked so I just dumped my stream of consciousness ramblings into a file as I went. But I had so many sewing interruptions that I felt like I needed to go back and edit to avoid repeating myself. Re: uploading the pix, I do website design for a living, so getting the visuals etc together was the easy part :)
HeyJane said... (8/30/09 12:57 PM) Reply
Cool shorts...thanks for all the very helpful info about this pattern.
o3b said... (8/30/09 3:51 AM) Reply
I love the detailed photos on your blog. What took you more time - making the shorts or writing up this review and getting the pics up?
QuiltersFan said... (8/29/09 7:42 PM) Reply
Great review. I have this pattern and some twill but will rethink (when/if) I finally get around to making them.
Patti B said... (8/29/09 7:36 PM) Reply
What a great review. I've considered sewing these shorts for our son and now I know what to expect.
marec said... (8/29/09 6:18 PM) Reply
Great review! Thanks for all the details on what works, what is missing in instructions, and what is current fashion. Nice pair of shorts...my Columbia shorts are coming close to their end and I've been looking at cargo shorts for both myself and my husband. Thanks again for all the info.
becca a said... (8/28/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Excellent, informative review. I'd love to see a picture of the shorts when you're done.
Judy Kski said... (8/10/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I have this pattern in my stash so your WIP review has already been very helpful.
becca a said... (8/10/09 10:10 AM) Reply
Thank you for all this info about the pattern. I look forward to seeing the pants made up!
o3b said... (8/9/09 8:57 PM) Reply
Wow - a WIP and already you have a ton of info here!

The Technique of Underlining Garments