Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6348

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/14/09 6:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Christas said... (9/15/09 0:13 AM) Reply
Barbara! This is such a stunning dress! I haven't been on PR very much lately, and I somehow missed this review. It is beautiful, and I really love the pin tucking detail. Of course your husband thinks it looks great! Who wouldn't love this dress?!
Barbara V said... (8/15/09 10:49 PM) Reply
Thank you to all for your comments! Dorothy, the pintucking idea was something I wanted to do for contrast in the bodice. After looking through Carol Laflin Ahles "Fine Machine Sewing", I see that what I did is better described as finely folded tucks. At any rate, I must have seen something like this made up, but now I have forgotten its origin. That is a good reason to complete a pattern review soon after finishing a garment. Hee hee.
magoe6217 said... (8/15/09 5:45 PM) Reply
Your perseverance paid off beautifully. This is a gorgeous dress and you are gorgeous in it. The addition of the pin tucks takes this out of the realm of the ordinary into a couture level dress. Your tip on cutting the skirt on straight of grain is excellent. If I decide to make this dress I will definitely follow your advice. Congratulations on a beautiful finished product.
halleyscomet said... (8/15/09 2:52 PM) Reply
I think the dress turned out wonderful! I love the color on you. Very chic!
eugenia123 said... (8/15/09 6:08 AM) Reply
All that work really paid off, this dress looks fantastic on you - very elegant. That pintucked bodice adds a beautiful couture touch. Wear it asap!
DorothyK said... (8/15/09 0:49 AM) Reply
Wow Barbara, this is amazing. I'm so glad you persevered. It was so worth it. You look spectacular in this dress. I'm sure you will find a worthy occasion to wear it. Were the pin tucks part of the pattern or were they your idea? You did an impeccable job.
Ann Smith said... (8/14/09 11:13 PM) Reply
I'm so happy you finally got back to this. That bodice is so beautiful I couldn't bear this sitting in the back of your closet unfinished.
Raye Ann said... (8/14/09 11:00 PM) Reply
beautiful pintucks! i am glad you eventually got back to it. you have a gorgeous dress to enjoy now:)
Amanda S. said... (8/14/09 10:33 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you took the time to rework it. VERY gorgeous dress on you, and the pintucked top is flawless. Now I'm wondering if I need to add some back darts to mine...
Heatherrique said... (8/14/09 9:39 PM) Reply
I totally agree with your husband! I adore this style and color on you!
SpinningJenny said... (8/14/09 8:59 PM) Reply
Wow! The pintucked bodice is a terrific feature. It's also lovely to hear how PR members inspire and encourage each other - often unknowingly.
Kayseri said... (8/14/09 8:34 PM) Reply
I love the pleated bodice and overall your dress looks great. Definitely well worth the extra trouble fitting it.
crazygrad said... (8/14/09 8:23 PM) Reply