Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5186 (Semi-fitted top)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/16/09 11:32 AM
SpinningJenny said... (8/21/09 6:17 AM) Reply
Another beautiful garment. You have such a wonderful eye for colour, and have used the patterned fabric so well.
Fran S said... (8/17/09 9:17 PM) Reply
This is lovely! The fabric is beautiful and the style is great on you. I'm so glad you gave the info on the skirt as well. As I looked at the picture, I wondered if you had made the skirt and what pattern it was! Great combo.
katie lynne said... (8/17/09 6:49 PM) Reply
Simply Fabulous! I can't believe what a cool pattern this is--I passed right over it, but you've made it irresistible. Your garment looks far superior to the envelope version. Thank you for such a detailed review. I've got to get some of Pamela's interfacing--such beautiful results.
DorothyK said... (8/17/09 12:18 PM) Reply
What a great top! You really know how to find interesting fabric and use it well. I like the various ways you can wear it. Lucky you had the perfect skirt.
FreyaStark said... (8/17/09 5:53 AM) Reply
A cute and distinctive top. You've made me see possibilities in this pattern myself.
Raye Ann said... (8/16/09 11:31 PM) Reply
so creative! your fabric and interfacing choices make this truly a knockout.
solosmocker said... (8/16/09 10:04 PM) Reply
You sure aced this one. That is one stunning outfit, including your gorgeous necklace. It works wonderfully with your coloring and looks so perfectly pulled together. Fabulous.
okie2thdoc said... (8/16/09 5:43 PM) Reply
Wonderful use of the pattern and fabric.
eugenia123 said... (8/16/09 5:22 PM) Reply
Oooh this is so great, I like that it's so original looking and very versatile. That is some lovely fabric you have chosen. You look wonderful in this top.
Riordan said... (8/16/09 3:15 PM) Reply
What a lovely top!! Beautifully finished--you used the fabric so artistically!
VeryPrairie said... (8/16/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Wow, this is stunning!
sew2little said... (8/16/09 1:41 PM) Reply
I've seen this top constructed in a crisper fabric--it was very cute but also very "distinctive." Your choice of a soft lawn really changes it--beautifully, as usual for you! Marci
froggiegirl said... (8/16/09 12:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the pictures in your review. The top looks excellent on you.
Physics Girl said... (8/16/09 12:33 PM) Reply
I love your collar draping... your version makes me very happy this pattern is already in my stash!
Ann Smith said... (8/16/09 12:31 PM) Reply
Fantastic. Of course you had no trouble putting it together! I thought you had coordinated two different fabrics to construct but instead you cleverly arranged the design to look like that. Great job.
Sallygirl said... (8/16/09 11:38 AM) Reply
Just beautiful and perfect with your skirt!

All About Linings