Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6681 (Misses Pants, Capris, Shorts)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:8/17/09 10:17 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

kiddo said... (8/23/09 5:32 AM) Reply
Very, Very well done! It sounds as though the methods used are similar to mens pants so that the waist adjustment is in the center back. That method makes it easier to adjust the size because up to a certain point it will not distort the overall look and style of the garment.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/20/09 5:26 PM) Reply
Nice pants. Very polished.
Kellie R. said... (8/19/09 2:53 PM) Reply
These are really nice Nancy! Thanks for the info about the order of construction. I'm trying to work myself into sewing pants and this review is very helpful... and also, your fly construction looks very meticulous!
Laurie Lou said... (8/19/09 2:47 PM) Reply
Thanks Nancywin so now of my 350 pattern stash I must see if I have this one. I hope I do....Thanks!
Nancywin said... (8/19/09 0:53 AM) Reply
Yes, the pattern construction order, which is more like a menswear pant, is from the pattern instructions - now, if I can just find mine again!
Nancy Anne said... (8/18/09 4:13 PM) Reply
Great review! Your pants really turned out nice with an almost perfect fit. I see why you like the pattern so much!
Laurie Lou said... (8/18/09 3:29 PM) Reply
Excellent review. Can you clarify...The order of construction...this was the pattern instructions and not the Nancy Zieman book, correct? I am going to make these pants based on your review and how well they look on you. Thanks for a great review and pictures to go with. so helplful!
Lili123 said... (8/18/09 1:05 PM) Reply
i think that pants are difficult to fit and you did a great job, thanks for the close up photos
Rhoda K said... (8/18/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Very nice pants and looks good on you. I loved that you got the small checks to match ;-) I've seen the slant seam in RTW but haven't come across them in patterns yet. Great review, thanks.
Sew4Fun said... (8/18/09 8:31 AM) Reply
Lovely pants. They look great to me. The pattern looks to be a good one too. I must investigate. :)
Nancy K said... (8/18/09 8:08 AM) Reply
I like to use this sewing order. I always have issues with getting the waist small enough and this is the best way. Great construction details and fit. They are very flattering on you.
Terri A said... (8/18/09 2:28 AM) Reply
These look really nice on you!
Annette1 said... (8/18/09 0:11 AM) Reply
Great pants, even AFTER a day of wearing. :o) I'm glad, too, to learn of the Nancy Zieman book you mentioned, as I had not known about that. I suspect I'll be buying a copy.
Athene said... (8/17/09 11:48 PM) Reply
Great pants and great detailing photos.
homejewel said... (8/17/09 11:18 PM) Reply
Your pants are very nice and fit you well. Very helpful review!

by: spankachut...