Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5328

OH United States
Member since: 8/22/07
Posted on:8/18/09 12:53 PM

AquariJenn said... (8/9/10 4:31 PM) Reply
Very cute top! I love the fabric. It looks nice and cool for summer. Thanks for the tips.
cleverkitty said... (8/20/09 2:51 PM) Reply
Hi Mary Nana, the pattern had a sufficient amount of ease to move in, it did run big, I don't usually sew a 8. The fabric I used was thin and fluid I would not call it a firm woven. I was more concerned with the gathering into the band. Stretch poplin works with the other reviews I read on this top but I was looking for a lighter version. Thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments!
Mary Nanna said... (8/20/09 0:08 AM) Reply
how cute, and the fabric is just gorgeous .. you mention the recommended fabric is a stretch but from your review it doesn't seem to need it - do you find you are able to move in it ok in a firm woven?
Rebecca D said... (8/19/09 6:55 AM) Reply
This top is gorgeous, so fresh and summery.
roxierocks said... (8/18/09 8:07 PM) Reply
Boy you got lucky on that fabric. I love it big time. The shirt is so me. Can I have it? Just kidding. Beautiful job. Thanks for review.
Sallygirl said... (8/18/09 3:46 PM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern in a print!! So feminine!
Andreahg said... (8/18/09 1:43 PM) Reply
Very nice. I recently bought this pattern and am now looking forward to making it. Thanks for the review!
Flying Seamstress said... (8/18/09 1:32 PM) Reply
So pretty! I really like this top made in the lightweight fabric with the softer gathering. Love it!
CharityAK said... (8/18/09 1:23 PM) Reply
Very,very sweet. My first thought was "that looks really low!" and so your review confirmed. I love all the wrap tops that have come out the last few years, but I wish they'd wrap them above the bust! Love the use of vintage fabric. Very appropriate for this style.
frame said... (8/18/09 1:12 PM) Reply
I really like this. It's very cute. Nice job.
crazygrad said... (8/18/09 12:58 PM) Reply