Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4074 (Knit dress/top and skirt)

Reviewed by:CrescentaLuna

About CrescentaLunastar
OR USA
Member since: 8/18/06
Posted on:8/26/09 7:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
AnneM said... (5/12/10 6:28 PM) Reply
I am thinking of making view D to go to a wedding this summer. Hadn't thought about using a woven; interesting idea.
Roary said... (3/14/10 10:34 PM) Reply
Love that fabric! So glad you tried it out in a woven as it has inspired me.
tatterbat said... (1/18/10 11:15 AM) Reply
A woven, you say? Hmm... I have an easier time finding wovens that quality knits where I live... may have to try this! Nice photos, really adds to your review.
Sara The Slayer said... (10/16/09 12:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the sizing tips, I'm also 5"1 with the same shoulder type thing. Will be helpful.
Jane S said... (9/3/09 2:08 PM) Reply
I love this in a knit but wow, now you have me interested in trying it in a woven. They look terrific. Thanks!
chrisquilts_2 said... (8/27/09 2:19 PM) Reply
love it! love it! WOULD never have considered using a woven until I saw yours..super cute
CrescentaLuna said... (8/27/09 1:35 PM) Reply
Thanks all! Wovens are so much easier to work with, even though they're less forgiving fit-wise. When a knit pattern has really nice structure like this one, with many places to tweak the fit, it seems like a good candidate. Mollyshark, I'm a little tired of the wraps too - and RachelEsq, do not fear the princess seam! They are really not hard, just pin carefully and baste. Iron the seam open and - presto!
renren said... (8/27/09 8:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress in a very pretty fabric, and the lining is just perfect!
donna mel said... (8/27/09 6:47 AM) Reply
great job converting to a woven. all 3 versions are lovely. too bad the knit top is a poly...looks great, but makes you feel terrible!
SpinningJenny said... (8/27/09 5:37 AM) Reply
Just lovely on you! That fabric is gorgeous and fresh looking, and it's great to see a different approach to this popular pattern.
lamstu said... (8/27/09 4:42 AM) Reply
This looks great in your fabric! Beautifully well fitted.
RachelEsq said... (8/26/09 11:20 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you chose. Great job on the princess seams - still working up the nerve to try them...
sew2little said... (8/26/09 9:51 PM) Reply
I love sewing with wovens--so much more than knits AND I have this pattern! Thanks for the inspiration; your dress is great!
Tiner W said... (8/26/09 9:46 PM) Reply
So very pretty! I would never have thought of making this in a woven. It looks very nice on you!
mollyshark said... (8/26/09 9:17 PM) Reply
Have to admit D is my favorite. I think I'm tired of the wrap styles. Too many of them. The neck on this is incredibly flattering.
Ingiepops said... (8/26/09 8:58 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks really pretty in the Amy Butler fabric you chose. Great idea to make it in a woven.

Paradiso Designs Everyday Bag Pattern