Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2566 (Women's twinset)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:8/30/09 5:37 PM
Last Updated:8/30/09 5:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Lisa Laree said... (9/1/09 6:18 PM) Reply
The Jalie is definitely trimmer than the KS; that's one of my bugaboos w/KS knit patterns -- the armsceye tends to be kinda low and baggy, although the twinset cardigan is less so than other KS tops.
Georgene said... (9/1/09 5:10 PM) Reply
This twinset came out really nice. I dunno, but the shoulder/armhole/ sleeve cap area looks much better constructed than the KwikSew to me - a trimmer fit, isn't it?
dr. liz said... (8/31/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Very nice! It looks super on you!
Lisa Laree said... (8/31/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Beth...I used my serger for 90% of the sewing; the only things I did on the regular machine was the seam on the band, the double-needle hems and the button holes. But a narrow zig-zag stitch on a conventional machine works fine for most knits.
MaryBeth said... (8/31/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Hey, a beautiful cardigan, love the fabric and a really helpful (and brand new) review! Wow :)
beth5646 said... (8/31/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Great twinset. I too am going to order this pattern now. One question--did you sew this fabric on a serger or SM?
JEF said... (8/31/09 9:06 AM) Reply
Your twinset looks so sharp. Excellent job and great review comparing the 2 patterns. Thanks.
becca a said... (8/31/09 8:36 AM) Reply
Great twinset! I have to order this pattern now.
SusiM said... (8/31/09 1:09 AM) Reply
What a great looking sweater set! Thanks for comparing the two patterns.
Larkin said... (8/30/09 11:50 PM) Reply
I appreciate the comparison between the two patterns. This one looks really nice on you!
pterion said... (8/30/09 9:27 PM) Reply
Lovely twin set! I have this pattern but have yet to sew it.
Tiner W said... (8/30/09 7:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
sew obsessed said... (8/30/09 7:27 PM) Reply
Very nice! I just looked in my stash and I have both of these Jalie patterns! Thank you for the comparison as I have the KS too and have never made either. I'll opt for the Jalie.
Steffie said... (8/30/09 6:51 PM) Reply
Nice set - GREAT fabric. Thanks for the tips and comparison to your TNT KS pattern.
Raye Ann said... (8/30/09 6:20 PM) Reply
great fit and great looking twinset!
Elona said... (8/30/09 6:15 PM) Reply
What a great looking twin set, Lisa! I don't see how the fit could be improved; it is perfect on you.
Dee2 said... (8/30/09 6:12 PM) Reply
Very nice set--this is a good color on you too. This pattern is next to trace. I'm glad you compared it to 2948 which I love. Thanks!!
Mahler said... (8/30/09 5:44 PM) Reply
Two other wonderful tops coming from your sewing room. Great project and so inspiring. I might imitate you soon !

You Sew Girl Panel Bag