Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8503 (MISSES' TUNIC AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Aunt Gail said... (8/1/10 5:46 AM) Reply

Aunt Gail said... (11/15/09 2:47 AM) Reply
I love the long sleeve version and especially appreciate your discussion of shoulder fit et al!
Annette1 said... (9/6/09 0:57 AM) Reply
These both have such a nice fit and are quite flattering. I have to say I REALLY like that long-sleeved one. That's defintely YOUR color. :o)
moushka said... (9/5/09 5:38 PM) Reply
This style of sleeve seems to be very popular right now but I can't think of one instance where it doesn't pull when you move your arms, unless it's done in a knit. Your tops look very smart and fit beautifully, like all your garments. Thanks for an excellent review.
idesign said... (9/5/09 3:59 PM) Reply
Great review of a pretty top, but I will also think twice before trying it with the sleeve problem.
CarolynGM said... (9/5/09 2:24 PM) Reply
Both tops look very nice. Great job on your alterations.
EleanorSews said... (9/5/09 2:19 PM) Reply
Great adaptation of this top. Your review is so clearly done ~ thanks. With your comment on the pulling, I guess I will stay away from this one though!
Andreahg said... (9/5/09 12:43 PM) Reply
This is a really nice look for you. Too bad about the sleeves pulling.
renren said... (9/5/09 12:40 PM) Reply
This is a great review. I always like how you carefully say how you have altered the patterns and I'm starting to be able to visualize most of these alterations and why you do them. I thought I would buy this pattern and try similar alterations but when I read about the pulling of the cut-on sleeves, I knew that was the deal breaker for me. Not only is something like that annoying, I can't think of anything else but the annoying pulling sensation and how crazy making it is. And then I get really irritated and snappish and everyone asks me if I'm in a bad mood. Arrgh--not for me. Lovely work though and good results.
frame said... (9/5/09 12:27 PM) Reply
Your tops look great. I've made this and also added more and smaller buttons. I didn't know to remove 3/8" off the front edge, though. Why is that? Great review. Thanks.
Heatherrique said... (9/5/09 11:53 AM) Reply
You created two chic tops from this pattern! Thanks for providing the details. Very nice work on achieving lovely fitting tops. I like those necklines on you!

Understanding Knit Fabrics