Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:9/7/09 2:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Gendun said... (3/27/12 9:50 PM) Reply
Yes, a great style. At work it would say 'I mean business, and I don't have to stop being a woman to do so." (hehe) Very impressive! Your thoughts on the fabric drape were a good reminder, thanks. I took a good look at the model in houndstooth on the Vogue site, you can see by the way it wrinkles that it's a much lighter fabric. I'd have missed that if not for your excellent review! Thanks.
Laurie Lou said... (8/26/10 3:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the good review.I won't be doing it in Plaid and appreciated your effort on the back detail. The lines actually do line up and that is more noticed than the center back seam so I think it looks smashing! I'll be doing it in an animal print with one of those clever fashion zippers if I can find it. I also think I'll just do a bit of the pleats to reduce the flair.
Tahoe Sandy said... (3/10/10 9:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and excellent pics. Good tip regarding matching the plaid at the back center seam, I'll be sure to look for a suitable plaid fabric. i was worried that the pleats on the side may look a bit stiff as you describe, when purchasing the patter. I may just leave the pleats out when making the jacket or find a soft drapy fabric.
Vivienne said... (9/8/09 0:30 AM) Reply
Nice to see you again! The bias panels are stunning - and I'm in awe of the matching job you did on the back.
AnitaJ said... (9/7/09 11:10 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I really like the asymmetrical front closure and the bias panels!
carolynw said... (9/7/09 10:22 PM) Reply
This is just so beautiful - great work Nikki - I love it - great review
Tiner W said... (9/7/09 4:38 PM) Reply
Cute jacket--loving the plaid!
feldmanTcat said... (9/7/09 4:16 PM) Reply
This is great - I saw a vintage Spadea pattern in a lot on eBay that was a very similar design. Unfortunately I could not find the pattern number, and this Butterick is nearly the same style! It looks great and the review was helpful in the area of fabric selection.
MaryBeth said... (9/7/09 3:45 PM) Reply
Hi Nikki, I hadn't noticed this jacket until your review. Your plaid would have driven me totally nuts!!! but I see you survived. Love the front closure on you tho
BillieJean said... (9/7/09 3:44 PM) Reply
I really like this on you. Super cute!!!
frame said... (9/7/09 3:04 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. I never noticed this pattern before. What a fun style. Thanks for the review.

by: marie elis...