Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V7903 (Today's Fit--Sandra Betzina)

Reviewed by:Miss Fairchild

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/8/09 3:53 PM
Last Updated:10/12/09 9:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Miss Fairchild said... (9/25/10 7:58 AM) Reply
Blue lamb, you can PM me if you have problems, and I suppose you're having the same ones as I did. My pattern was a little more, as. I bought it from a private party and the pattern is autographed.
bluelamb said... (9/24/10 12:08 PM) Reply
Thank you for sharing. I am having a time with this pattern myself right now. Will not make it again. Glad I got it on sale for only $3.99 at JoAnn's
Woolygal said... (10/10/09 4:13 PM) Reply
I hope this pattern didn't cost too much.
fryman said... (10/10/09 11:04 AM) Reply
your review brings to mind that there were many assumptions in the directions. We all know that's a mistake, but SB did it anyway.However, your blouse surfaced as a winner and I hope you enjoy wearing it. Lovely!
ryan's mom said... (10/9/09 6:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough, detailed review!
Mufffet said... (10/8/09 8:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for a very good review. I had a hard time with my Betzina books myself, although I sure like her! I have seen a couple of her videos though and they seem very good. I am not good on directions of this sort anyway, so would have made the collar my own way. Your blouse is very pretty, and the fabric is really beautiful.
marec said... (10/8/09 6:35 PM) Reply
This blouse is really nice-I love the fabric and style together.
Miss Fairchild said... (10/8/09 4:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for the 2x4 tip, Samina. The directions did call for a clapper, and I thought it was silly; why would I want to beat a seam that sat down anyway?
Samina said... (10/8/09 4:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I have this pattern and your experience will come in handy. I'm sure the shirt looks great on you. Regarding the clapper/ham issue, they're two different things. A clapper is a wooden thing you use to beat the garment edges into a crisp edge. You don't have to purchase a clapper -- a 2x4 lying around the house woud work just as well.
sewtime said... (10/8/09 3:57 PM) Reply
Wow!!! Your blouse turned out pretty!! And you stuck to it, and finished it! You should be very proud of yourself!!

by: JayG