Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5001

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus

Sweater knit fabrics

Mufffet said... (12/1/10 5:24 PM) Reply
I think your fabric use is lovely....I love the difference at the waist - it is super! :)
DebJ said... (9/11/09 4:15 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress! It looks great on you. Thanks for reviewing this dress, I must get this pattern out and make it soon.
merry-one said... (9/10/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Looks gorgeous!
barbcl said... (9/10/09 1:39 PM) Reply
Your dress is just beautiful! The placement looks great, with just enough flair to look like couture!
Nancy Anne said... (9/10/09 8:26 AM) Reply
It's a beautiful dress, and I'd have never thought the pattern placement was off. I learned with my last project, which had a HUGE print, that having bought too much fabric was a very good thing. I was able to be picky about where the pieces went! Yours is just lovely, though. Another pattern to keep my eye out for.
BillieJean said... (9/10/09 6:08 AM) Reply
I just love this, and I think the print at the waistline looks good.
PatCSM said... (9/10/09 5:43 AM) Reply
This dress looks great and is very slimming on you. I think the print matches just fine, and I like the contrast of the sleeve band.
brissie71 said... (9/10/09 2:06 AM) Reply
What a lovely looking dress. Very flattering style and great fabric!
patma said... (9/9/09 8:28 PM) Reply
I agree with liking the way the pattern comes together at the waist
Camerio said... (9/9/09 8:25 PM) Reply
This is an excellent choice. Very nice on you.
Kayseri said... (9/9/09 7:19 PM) Reply
Good looking dress, I wouldn't have thought to try this for our larger size. Thanks. NB I'd have done the same with the sleeves, as I also dislike the way cap sleeves hit the bicep.
Sherril Miller said... (9/9/09 5:04 PM) Reply
No fitting alterations? Lucky you because it fits wonderfully. I don't see a problem with the break in the pattern. In fact, I think it flows quite nicely. I'd make it again because it fits so well. You never know about the patterns still in the envelope. This one you know fits. I like the band on the arm. It's a nice detail.
sewbehind said... (9/9/09 2:31 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you. I like the way you placed the pattern to create a nice line.

Sewing Workshop L2 Bag Pattern