Pattern Reviews> Material Things> 109 (The Classics-Fearless T-Shirt)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:9/13/09 5:04 PM
Last Updated:9/13/09 5:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Kay Y said... (3/22/10 7:43 AM) Reply
PMB = PatternMaster Boutique. It's a computer pattern drafting program. Look it up on the www, or search PR for reviews (company is Wild Ginger).
davin said... (3/22/10 1:59 AM) Reply
Sorry, I would love to know what PMB is. Thanks.
ChristineBR said... (9/16/09 8:54 AM) Reply
The grey ones look like we should embroider our school name on them and wear them to wash cars and go camping! I have never seen something on you that didn't suit; that is a real negative for this pattern.
AnneMarie60 said... (9/16/09 8:31 AM) Reply
I always enjoy your reviews and learned from your experience. Fitted tops best suit your svelte figure.
Annette1 said... (9/16/09 1:25 AM) Reply
Ah yes, it IS hard to top that PMB tee, I must say. You certainly gave it your best shot on the gray ones, giving it EVERY OPPORTUNITY to redeem itself. :o) It's a great review, too, for others who may want to try out this pattern. And NOW I'm going to your Jalie review (which is what led me to this one in the first place). :o)
CarolynGM said... (9/15/09 9:24 PM) Reply
I agree. The PMB is way better.
Sigrid. said... (9/15/09 2:03 AM) Reply
No, you couldn't be happy with this top. The blue PMB is much better. Curious I clicked through to the website for the pattern: $20 for such a basic pattern is amazing. One would certainly expect extra instructions and definitely a better fit.
Mahler said... (9/14/09 12:55 PM) Reply
Kay, I fully agree with you, your PMB pattern is better. You also consider the Jalie 2805 that I love so much. I make it very closed fitted, of course the pattern allow you flexibility. I could land it to you if you like.
Fran G said... (9/14/09 8:33 AM) Reply
Being familiar with your impeccable style and fit, I could tell at first glance of your photo that you would not be totally pleased with this top. Then, seeing your beautiful blue top, I can see such a difference. We continue to search for perfection, don't we although the blue appears pretty perfect to me. I notice that you like your tees to hit at your high, too. Too much fabric below that point emphasizes my least favorite body area..the beloved tummy.
Darla in PA said... (9/13/09 7:03 PM) Reply
I love seeing the various fitting photos. I see some familar wrinkles (I get them on everything). The pattern may very well be too long from the shoulder to the bust. The TNT looks pretty good.
digs57 said... (9/13/09 6:10 PM) Reply
Awww. We concur that you're just not a Material Girl, Kay!
FreyaStark said... (9/13/09 6:02 PM) Reply
The blue version is really nice. Couldn't you wear it sometimes?