Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8546 (MISSES' JACKET, TOP, DRESS, SK)

Reviewed by:Andreahg

About Andreahgstarstarstar
Member since: 12/19/05
Posted on:9/12/09 2:41 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
AuntieShel said... (1/10/10 1:20 PM) Reply
I know I'm way late with my comments, but I think this looks great on you. I am about to cut out the dress, so looked to see if it was reviewed. It's interesting that you liked the keyhole. I didn't care for it and will make the dress without. Someone suggested a loop and button and that would look nice. Thank you for reviewing.
Lisa Laree said... (9/14/09 8:09 AM) Reply
If you like the pattern otherwise, why not just skip the keyhole and have a regular neckline...just extend the neckline to the fold and use a band or turn-and-stitch to finish it? You've done so much to get such a nice fit... I think this could be a TNT, minus the detail you don't care for.
Sweetiebop said... (9/13/09 4:46 PM) Reply
Andrea I think everything you review looks gorgeous on you and this is a perfect top for you.
meesa said... (9/13/09 4:43 PM) Reply
Very flattering shape on you! Hope you find an answer for that keyhole because I really like the look of it!
Sherril Miller said... (9/13/09 11:52 AM) Reply
Andrea, your top does fit really well and the fabric is pretty. Do you think you could tack a ribbon on the points of the keyhole and tie them together with a bow? I think it would add an interest to the top and control the points.
Ellenatlga said... (9/13/09 8:20 AM) Reply
Great top! Don't you love this pattern? I was thinking of trying this top, so thanks for the review.
Athene said... (9/12/09 10:20 PM) Reply
A very attractive top.
no7262 said... (9/12/09 8:37 PM) Reply
This looks SO GOOD on you! I LOVE it! Nora :)
Kayseri said... (9/12/09 8:15 PM) Reply
Lovely looking top. I'd be tempted to lock the keyhole down by joining the two points with little fabric loops that interlink with each other.
Rebecca D said... (9/12/09 6:01 PM) Reply
I love this on you (and I think I have that fabric in my stash!).
SheBear0320 said... (9/12/09 5:19 PM) Reply
You have a great fit on this top and I love the fabric. I have this pattern in my stash so will make a note of the problems you had with the keyhole.
idesign said... (9/12/09 5:07 PM) Reply
Andrea, I like this pattern on you, and appreciate all the points you made in the review. It would be fun to see if the keyhole issues are solved with a less stretchy fabric.
trishapatk said... (9/12/09 3:25 PM) Reply
Very nice looking top even though you had to deal with a few things along the way. Good job! Nice pattern too, thanks for reviewing it.
Mufffet said... (9/12/09 3:10 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you. Nice fabric as well. Sounds like experimentation with the necklines is a terrific idea. Waiting to see more of this top on you in variations. :)
Annagamm said... (9/12/09 2:54 PM) Reply
Keep your corrections with this pattern, because you are on your way to your own custom pattern fit. You have a good idea of what to do from my reading of your review. It is up to you to personalize the pattern... Keep creating!

No Pattern Used 12-2013

by: annem54

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

You Sew Girl Beauty Case Pattern