Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6647 (Misses Blouses)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/15/09 8:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
lizagm said... (9/23/09 2:04 PM) Reply
this blouse is just gorgeous. I think I have to have one:) just hope mine turns out as well as yours!
Lili123 said... (9/20/09 9:27 AM) Reply
your blouse is very beautiful, it fits you perfectly.
DorothyK said... (9/17/09 10:24 AM) Reply
Barbara, this is just beautiful. This style is YOU. The tucks are perfect. You are certainly perfecting the technique. Wish I had been there at the concert. Looks like the entire wedding group - laid back.
Annette1 said... (9/17/09 2:59 AM) Reply
You take a GREAT picture, I'll tell you that much. I also LOVE the detail picture showing your BEAUTIFUL workmanship on the yoke of this blouse. This is a real winner, so flattering both with and without the belt tie. If they still have that linen, I may be getting some myself! I've had a few pieces sitting in my cart on Denver Fabrics for two or three days now, and I think I NEED to add this, so I can mull it over, too. :o) It looks like everyone had a great time at the concert.
Enid E said... (9/16/09 4:42 PM) Reply
I love this blouse . It is very feminine, but yet not frilly. It looks so nice on you, and don't you know, I have the pattern in my stash...so I am making it next. Thanks for a good review and pictures.
eugenia123 said... (9/16/09 4:24 PM) Reply
Wow! This is so beautiful. I love the style, those pintucks are lovely. The construction looks absolutely perfect.
grey ann said... (9/16/09 4:13 PM) Reply
Great style and color -I would have passed this one by based on the cover drawings! I think the shorter sleeves are more becoming and thanks for the hint of triple stitchiing the tucks.
Secretsugar said... (9/16/09 1:42 PM) Reply
Wow, what a lovely blouse! Your fabric choice was just perfect for this style, even if it wasn't planned in advance.
Sew Shy said... (9/16/09 1:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful color, beautiful pintucks, beautiful blouse!
Amanda S. said... (9/16/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Your fabric, buttons, and topstitching are perfection. I can't say as I've ever noticed this pattern, but have to have it now. I'm a sucker for fitted tops with cute added details.
marec said... (9/16/09 10:39 AM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt...the color, the fabric itself, the pintuck detail, buttons, stitching...I thoroughly enjoyed reading this review.
Leora said... (9/16/09 7:14 AM) Reply
The pintucks are so nice looking!
FreyaStark said... (9/16/09 4:21 AM) Reply
A lovely blouse. Well done. I love the colour, too; it suits you beautifully.
Heatherrique said... (9/16/09 0:40 AM) Reply
Barbara, I admire your attention to detail to create a BEAUTIFUL blouse. Those pintucks are sleek and the fit is fine! Thanks for sharing those cool pics of you and and your friends. It seemed all of you had a lot of fun at the concert, and even more fun with Ann. Your smile always brightens my day. Thanks for another fun and informative review!
sew2little said... (9/16/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Another beautiful creation; the pin tucking is just perfect! You look great! Marci
Ann Smith said... (9/15/09 11:46 PM) Reply

mssewcrazy said... (9/15/09 10:54 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous blouse and accessories- love the copper ? colored jewelry paired with the brown fabric ! I think I need a brown top and a trip to the jewelry counters after seeing this combo.
Elke said... (9/15/09 10:37 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse ... the pin tucks look amazing!
Ann Smith said... (9/15/09 10:25 PM) Reply
Fantastic fabric that works perfectly for this style. The pintucks are wonderful. Great look for you. Christas, It is true. I want this blouse and many of Barbara's other clothes.
Re Becca said... (9/15/09 10:15 PM) Reply
That looks really good on you. You did a great job on all those details.
Raye Ann said... (9/15/09 10:12 PM) Reply
this is so beautiful- terrific color and texture. i will have to take a look at this pattern! thank you for including your modifications.
emeraldjul said... (9/15/09 10:06 PM) Reply
Stunning blouse!
Christas said... (9/15/09 10:05 PM) Reply
Barbara, this blouse is one of my very favorite things you have made. I love everything you make, but the brown fabric, the pin tucks - with that syle - WOW! It's just perfect. I bet all your friends want to "borrow" your clothes and "forget" to return them!
Lori V said... (9/15/09 9:47 PM) Reply
So beautiful, the pintucks are perfect.
Shari B said... (9/15/09 9:31 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! The colour looks great on you. I love the pintucks very nicely done.
Dynamo said... (9/15/09 9:24 PM) Reply
I love your blouse. You've done a great job with the pintucks. I'm impressed ... I imagine they are quite finicky to do.
nancyc said... (9/15/09 9:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I love the fabric and you did a great job on the pintuck detail. This blouse in this fabric looks so classy. Nice job!
loohoo44 said... (9/15/09 9:08 PM) Reply
Ooh this looks fantastic, what a great color for you! The stitching is just perfection, great job!

No Pattern Used 2013-003