Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2804 (Empire crossover top)

Reviewed by:Raye Ann

About Raye Annstar
Member since: 3/25/09

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:9/15/09 4:51 PM
Last Updated:3/13/10 8:54 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

arredhead73 said... (3/18/11 2:52 AM) Reply
I am new to this website (but not new to sewing), and I have no idea what "FBA" means? Could someone enlighten me? I feel really stupid not being able to figure it out! Also, before I purchase this pattern, I am wondering how difficult it is to adjust the empire line of this top to fall UNDER the bustline as should be for a large cup size? I always have problems with RTW empire styles hitting me at the full bust rather than under the bust. I have not tried to make my own empire style tops yet since I want to make sure I choose the right modification to the pattern. Will simply lengthening the bodice pieces work? Thanks for input!
Christina Sonja said... (4/12/10 1:53 AM) Reply
I just saw your update to this review - you are looking good!
morzel said... (3/14/10 4:58 PM) Reply
Wonderful maternity version! This pattern was one of my favourites during my pregnancy last year as well! Worked right until the end with stretchy fabric.
Christas said... (3/13/10 9:41 PM) Reply
All versions are so nice! Thanks so much for the very helpful sizing information.
Em's Summer said... (10/31/09 6:21 PM) Reply
Cute top and what a great save!
tinaSA said... (9/20/09 6:08 AM) Reply
It looks great with your outfit!
Heatherrique said... (9/16/09 10:45 PM) Reply
I adore that electric blue on you! Cute top! You look snazzy in that ensemble!
sew2006 said... (9/16/09 4:48 PM) Reply
Congratulations on a great save, your whole outfit looks nice.
JDpenelope said... (9/16/09 7:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. You did such a nice job I'm going to look for any knit travel wardrobe reviews. Thanks.
Paris75008 said... (9/16/09 5:43 AM) Reply
Lovely outfit and what a great job you did on the fitting. Very helpful review too.
Barbara V said... (9/15/09 10:46 PM) Reply
Great save after the dreaded "machine ate the fabric" incident. Your perseverance resulted in a lovely top and the entire outfit looks really nice.
komiller said... (9/15/09 10:01 PM) Reply
I just made one of these yesterday and took a deep breath before I did the hem. My machine LOVES to gobble up knit fabric in the feed dogs and it seems to happen more often to the hem. Love the way this top fits your wardrobe.
Sew4Fun said... (9/15/09 7:17 PM) Reply
Great save! It looks great with the rest of your outfit. Good review too. Thanks for the sizing info. This is very helpful to me.
ClaireEmily said... (9/15/09 7:03 PM) Reply
I'm glad it was a save! I have had a lot of trouble getting this top to fit me too.....

MariaDenmark 101