Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8269 (Easy Casual Coordinates)

Reviewed by:KarmenG

About KarmenGstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 1/3/03
Posted on:9/19/09 9:47 PM
Last Updated:9/20/09 11:57 AM

Sweater knit fabrics

carolynw said... (9/20/09 10:12 PM) Reply
You should love this blouse - it's beautiful and so femine. You know I love those mountains in the background!! Great review
marec said... (9/20/09 4:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty, very feminine, very polished! The bias edge is incredibly nice. Off to look through that Threads issue ;-)
barbcl said... (9/20/09 3:08 PM) Reply
Such a pretty top, and I like the cami underneath. Great look!
Kellie R. said... (9/20/09 1:03 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty top! I can't understand why it's "a sleeper"; hopefully due to this fabulous review, we'll see more of it. Great job!
Nancy Rhodes said... (9/20/09 12:45 PM) Reply
wonderfully detailed review.... and A++++ recommended modifications.
apple annie said... (9/20/09 9:13 AM) Reply
So pretty and feminine and looks great on you! Love the bias front, collar and tip on using organza as your interfacing. Something we all seem to overlook at times. I think you've found a real winner. Another perfect Lois creation!!!
Kay Y said... (9/20/09 8:43 AM) Reply
It's worthwhile to read Threads carefully! This looks gorgeous, and the bias edge is a great technique.
lamstu said... (9/20/09 8:29 AM) Reply
I made this blouse last year, but neglected to do an FBA, so it's not my best look. (Also, last year I only reviewed successful projects on PR ;)) However, I did wear it TODAY, then saw your review. Yours is very pretty I must say. Maybe I need to make another one, this time with the FBA. For now, I basted a small modesty panel into the V to keep things family friendly. Thanks for this great review of a good pattern that's a bit out of the ordinary!
FreyaStark said... (9/20/09 3:46 AM) Reply
A lovely blouse - well done. The organza facings work well, too.
CTBarb said... (9/20/09 2:10 AM) Reply
Great review! And a beautiful blouse! I like the idea of a silk organza with linen and I saw the Threads article and vowed I'd try it on something...so thanks for the encouragement.
lyndle said... (9/20/09 1:15 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you. Thanks for the tip about the bias organza neckline/ armhole finish - I'll definitely check it out.

More Knits