Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2676 (Button Bag)

Reviewed by:Lesia

About Lesiastar
FL USA
Member since: 10/14/07
Posted on:9/20/09 12:50 PM
Last Updated:9/20/09 9:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
BeginnerBarb said... (11/18/09 6:25 PM) Reply
I also made this, took it to work and had to come home and make another for my coworker. On the second one I just laid the bottom insert into the cover instead of in the bag. I also had a hard time anchoring the elastic hoops, I have made 8 covers and some of the elastic did not catch and I have had to go back to fix them. The next time I am going to use ribbon instead of elastic, I think it will be easier to work with and it should catch since you sew over it twice.
Timber said... (10/22/09 8:14 AM) Reply
I also made this purse and the little elastic loops were a problem on the first cover, however I solved the problem on the second cover by tying the ends in a knot then sewing them on just above the knot. I have had soo many compiments on this bag and many people wanting me to make them one. love all the pockets on the inside.
Angie Jones said... (10/12/09 9:11 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern, I too am already wondering about the elastic, I'll post again if I have anything intelligent to add. Ps. My hubby is a Gator, he would LOVE for me to carry your bag, but we're in a mixed marriage, I'm a VOLUNTEER!
Andreahg said... (9/21/09 8:17 AM) Reply
Nice purse! I have this but haven't made it up. It's always nice to see what other people do with the same patterns.
gdgtmma said... (9/20/09 10:23 PM) Reply
This is really adorable - very nice sewing job!
lyndle said... (9/20/09 10:16 PM) Reply
Cute bag! Using a magnetic closure is a good idea, too.

by: sewnaomi