Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B4919 (Misses Dress Retro '52)

Reviewed by:anetJay

Posted on:9/22/09 7:43 AM
Last Updated:9/22/09 7:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

CraftyHourMom said... (11/2/15 2:43 PM) Reply
Your blog says it's invite only. I would love to see the photos and details!
anetJay said... (8/4/12 5:26 AM) Reply
Good Morning :) I put the 3 photos that I have of this lovely dress on my blog: www.JanWilke51.com... I hope this helps :)
SusanAllein said... (8/3/12 8:56 AM) Reply
From what i can see it looks beautifull. I would love to see a better pict of this dress but your blog is private. Can I get an invite? I would like to make this for my son's wedding.
bindu1 said... (1/31/11 10:11 PM) Reply
I think this is a fabulous dress - only I can't see it enlarged for some reason - I do not have a google account. I have ordered this pattern and I have a few questions: 1. Does the front centre seam play a role in shaping the front area at all? I ask cos I might modify the bodice so that I cut the front as one piece; 2. Instead of tying the ties together, do you think it the ends can be connected together with poppers for a finish without a bow? 3. Does this dress allow the well endowed of us to continue wearing a bra underneath as it seems to? Your advice would be appreciated, thanks - more photos if you can please!
anetJay said... (9/23/09 6:47 AM) Reply
Thank you kindly for your comments :) Happy sewing !!! Janet
DivaQ said... (9/23/09 0:43 AM) Reply
Cute dress!
ingysoup said... (9/22/09 12:58 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I wish my mother had sewed for me!!!!
lizagm said... (9/22/09 11:03 AM) Reply
AH-Mazing! I love the dress and now I want one:) Your fabric is awesome and your little changes totally work. Great job!
heathercampbell29 said... (9/22/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Fab! I love it, thanks for the review.
Nancy Anne said... (9/22/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Very nice! And she has the figure to pull it off. I'm always a little leery of these patterns that don't have a photo, only drawings, because you never know how they're going to look on someone withOUT a wasp waist. But yours turned out lovely!
Sheila457 said... (9/22/09 7:54 AM) Reply