Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 100 (Athena Blouse)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:9/29/09 3:01 PM
Last Updated:9/29/09 3:01 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
pjhoff said... (2/22/11 10:24 AM) Reply
ha ha. Thanks for showing that you can raise your arms! I usually can't when I sew a blouse without major alterations to the armhole.
sfshaza said... (9/30/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Hmmm... Interesting idea, fuzzy...
fuzzygalore said... (9/30/09 6:21 AM) Reply
I'm even older and don't have a white blouse - I look like I died of TB some time ago in them :-). That said, I'm intrigued that you don't like the square armhole right at the bustline but then add a dart lower - why not integrate them? That should be the plus side..
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (9/30/09 1:03 AM) Reply
great review! Thanks for the smiles & esp. for allowing us to meet the V. of W.. I like the blouse on you, and my first impression of your picture is that of a proportioned, stylish and fun outfit--not of a large bustline. BTW, I share your angst of being in my 50's and never having all those perfect white blouses in my closet (I visited your blog).
lamstu said... (9/29/09 9:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the "Very Helpful" review! I have this pattern sitting there, and I just can't decide. You've made this version look quite stylish!
FreyaStark said... (9/29/09 9:08 PM) Reply
A very nice blouse.
Annieq said... (9/29/09 5:11 PM) Reply
From another Venus of Willendorf :-D, you look smashing. I am about to try the Clio blouse. Thanks for your review
Mufffet said... (9/29/09 3:15 PM) Reply
LOVELY and your picture is great. ;) Nice work and fabric. I see no resemblance between you and the Venus aforementioned. HAHAHAA.

Sewing Workshop Equinox Jacket Pattern