Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2938 (Misses top)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:10/4/09 11:55 AM
Last Updated:10/4/09 2:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus
Gail Lyle said... (6/25/14 8:07 AM) Reply
This fits you perfectly and looks great.
Sew4Fun said... (9/1/10 0:03 AM) Reply
Pretty top and thanks for the helpful review. Especially the bit about the zipper.
BMoyer said... (10/7/09 8:49 AM) Reply
I love the looks of this top, You can never have enough shell tops, no matter what season!! Great job. I may pick this up at the next 99c joannes sale lol.
Mahler said... (10/6/09 12:46 PM) Reply
What a great simple and versatile top! This poly charmeuse does the job wonderfully. I looks like silk on you. I really like it !!
loohoo44 said... (10/5/09 7:45 PM) Reply
Love it!
fryman said... (10/5/09 6:48 PM) Reply
great great great
barbcl said... (10/5/09 12:08 PM) Reply
Love the print and this style. I have this pattern and plan to make all the pieces (soon>;). To me, "side zipper" means "lots of sewing guesswork." In the olden days, people used hooks and eyes on the side (a lot less guesswork and refitting?). There are lots of great tips about older sewing methods at http://www.vintagesewing.info/index.html, including a lapped opening that uses hooks and eyes. This "seams' to me to be a much more flexible way to shape a side opening for a better fit. Other than that, I JUST LOVE THE SITE --IT's FANTASTIC!!
Fran G said... (10/5/09 7:57 AM) Reply
Lovely top, Kay..beautiful fit. Always excited to see "A new review by Kay Y" in my email!!
Jane S said... (10/5/09 7:28 AM) Reply
Great blouse in beautiful colors on you. The lines on this are so flattering. Thanks for reminding me to move it up on my to do list.
lmg said... (10/4/09 10:48 PM) Reply
The pattern and fabric combo is lovely. Is there enough ease to wear on top of a blouse or t shirt for winter?
Catbird said... (10/4/09 8:13 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty shell, with just enough subtle styling to set it apart from a plain shell. I like the lines - the scoop of the neckline and the armholes are very flattering on you. You've done a beautiful job, as I've come to expect!
carolynw said... (10/4/09 8:04 PM) Reply
Hi Kay - love this top - love the fabric!!
Kellie R. said... (10/4/09 7:41 PM) Reply
When I saw the pic of your pretty top, I had a feeling it was this pattern.. as I love it! Just lovely!
AnitaJ said... (10/4/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Lovely top! Thanks for explaining how you finished the armscye.
marec said... (10/4/09 5:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and perfect for this stylish shell. Thank you for such a great review...I always learn something when reading your reviews.
EleanorSews said... (10/4/09 4:29 PM) Reply
Your top is lovely. You never know when you need a little shell, even in the winter.
Rhoda K said... (10/4/09 3:21 PM) Reply
I love your top and your fabric is gorgeous.
KarmenG said... (10/4/09 2:34 PM) Reply
Love this top - looks terrific under a suit jacket. Armscye looks fine to me, but I know what you mean about wanting just a smidge more coverage when worn to the office.
Christas said... (10/4/09 2:24 PM) Reply
What a pretty top! It will be fun to have such a nice new top waiting in your closet when the weather turns warm again. I love the fabric.
Annette1 said... (10/4/09 2:23 PM) Reply
This is perfect, Kay, and even though it's sleeveless you can still wear it under your winter jackets. :o) Plus, it will GO with so many different things. REALLY a CUTE style on you.
Re Becca said... (10/4/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty. It goes with your spring suit very well, and it has just the right amount of ease.

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2012-107