Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5109 (Lugano Jacket)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/4/04 1:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
layla said... (2/5/04 9:51 PM) Reply
Ann...Beautiful job and great chioce of fabric for this pattern. You have a wonderful sense of style. Thanks for the review !!
Linda E. said... (2/5/04 8:13 PM) Reply
Ann I like the jacket it looks good on you. I was looking thru your photos and saw the Miyake coats have you review them. yours are really interesting.
Danvillegirl said... (2/5/04 7:18 AM) Reply
Ann thanks for the review. I agree with you that the look is a little more matronly than I think you are use to. I have seen your other creations that fit to a "t" and look like they are just right for you. I have mixed feelings about some of the jackets from LH. Some work great, others don't. I envy your creative talents, copying is a form of flatteriy and I certainly copy a lot from others on PR.
jlg said... (2/4/04 7:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful, Ann. Thanks for the review.
Ann Smith said... (2/4/04 5:38 PM) Reply
I don't know what's with Yahoo Photos. I think if you wait awhile it will work again. At least that is what happened the other day. Ironically, my pictures stored at Ofoto are coming up fine and it was Ofoto that was giving me so much trouble that I decided to change to Yahoo. Go figure...
jlg said... (2/4/04 4:07 PM) Reply
Ann, I can't see them either, and I really want to; was very excited to see that you had reviewed it.
CatherineN said... (2/4/04 3:54 PM) Reply
I couldn't see any of your pictures. What a disappointment :(
AnneM said... (2/4/04 3:37 PM) Reply
That looks lovely on you, Ann. "Semi-fitted" is certainly an overstatement; it looks much nicer w/ your modifications.
Linda E. said... (2/4/04 3:32 PM) Reply
very pretty jacket
Ann Smith said... (2/4/04 2:53 PM) Reply
DrSue, I don't think it ran small as it fit me without my usual adding for bust size. The sleeves are loose too. Not very shapely. Elona, I agree. I rated this pattern easy to sew but not highly recommended!
MaryBeth said... (2/4/04 1:57 PM) Reply
Ann, this is the nicest Lugano I've ever seen. Excellent decisions!
Leslie in Austin said... (2/4/04 1:50 PM) Reply
I always love your garments and the special creative touches you add, Ann. Especially love your fabric choice. Beautiful!
drsue said... (2/4/04 1:49 PM) Reply
Ann: somehow part of my post got deleted. Other reviewers noted that the pattern ran small; did you find this to be true also?
Elona said... (2/4/04 1:48 PM) Reply
In the pattern photo, both versions look quite matronly, as you put it so well, even a bit bathrobe-like. It looks much better on you, BTW, but a really good pattern shouldn't make you feel that it needs a pin or accessories or something to dress it up.
drsue said... (2/4/04 1:48 PM) Reply
Ann: Thanks for your review. I love your finge idea. I think I will copy it! I must rely on others for creativity. I had the same concerns about this pattern regarding it not being shapley. Did you find this to be true?

by: ButtonFait...