Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5970 (Snuggie)

Reviewed by:Jacqui315

About Jacqui315star
WA United States
Member since: 3/1/06
Posted on:10/6/09 6:33 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Loungewear    Accessories
Jacqui315 said... (10/7/09 10:34 AM) Reply
JTink, reviews are easy to do. When you bring up the pattern reviews, at the top there will be two red buttons - one for the gallery and one to write reviews. If you get stuck, can request additional help on the message boards. =)
Byrdie said... (10/7/09 9:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I actually went out last weekend and got this pattern along with 6 different fleece prints for Christmas gifts! But I have not started making them up so it's good to read a review before I get going. Under $20 is still a good deal for a gift, not to mention it's home made.
JTink said... (10/7/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Jacqui, I would love to do some reviews, but I can't find info on how to do it. Did you use a heavy fleece in your Snugglie?
JTink said... (10/7/09 7:50 AM) Reply
Irene, it's not closed up in the back, you do slip it on like an apron. Some times the line drawings take on a life of their own;-)
knitlitcamper said... (10/7/09 2:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, I have been kicking around the idea of making these for family xmas gifts.
Irene said... (10/7/09 1:23 AM) Reply
Looks cozy, Jacqui! I looked up the line drawing, and it looks like it's closed in the back. Is that correct--you pull it on over your head, rather than putting it on like an apron?
Jacqui315 said... (10/6/09 10:23 PM) Reply
JTink, you should do a review. People need to know that it can be done in an hour. =) And I'd love to see the one you've sewn up!
Sharon M said... (10/6/09 8:22 PM) Reply
I just picked this pattern up for a non-sewing relative in the hopes of enticing them with an easy project. Glad to know it's simple and the foot pocket sounds great.
JTink said... (10/6/09 7:15 PM) Reply
I've made 6 off this pattern last week, for gifts this Christmas. I made the Medium length. You can get that out of 3 yards if you leave off the pockets. Most of the ready made Snuggies are about 71-72 inches in length, so unless you are working with a really tall person, the medium should be more than long enough. I was lucky to find a $2.99 a yard sale on Glacier Fleece at Hancocks after Christmas last year, so I stocked up(wish now that I had bought more!) I had made one of these for my sister last year with the on line pattern. Everyone who was here that day, just loved it. I like the McCall pattern because it gives size options. It takes me one hour from cutting out to sewing up(and I do hem mine)...super pattern. Thank you for reviewing it.
mhk3boys said... (10/6/09 6:44 PM) Reply
OMG!! I have this on my wish list for Fri. 99 cent sale! It has a foot pocket! Wow! I don't know if the t.v snuggie has that but that is so cool to keep your feet warm! I can't wait to try it :)

by: cathydavis...