Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3835 (Built By You Tie-sleeve Dress)

Reviewed by:Deepika

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:10/11/09 4:58 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

TessaRose said... (2/4/10 8:49 AM) Reply
Very cute!! I think I will try it as a top. Love your fun and funky fabric!!
MissCelie said... (12/10/09 6:11 PM) Reply
I somehow missed your review! This is a terrific pattern on you. And, what a great series of photos for your review!
VeryPrairie said... (11/30/09 11:59 PM) Reply
Awesome dress, Deepika! Despite your troubles, it looks absolutely fantastic on you. Looks like you're ready to kick up your heels!
DianeSev said... (11/2/09 2:44 PM) Reply
What a great pattern!
Birgitte said... (10/13/09 1:37 PM) Reply
You look simply fabulous in this, Deepika! The way you put this together, so fresh and original, yet, like my 7 year dd would say; "not trying to look like a teenager" :)) Just masterful. And what a fun review, love the inspiration to play with pics- you look great in every one of them.
donna mel said... (10/12/09 8:56 PM) Reply
that looks great on you! i'm laughing about the zipper fiasco! congrat's on forging forward and getting it done! who cares what the inside looks like...just don't wear it inside out.
Raye Ann said... (10/12/09 11:40 AM) Reply
love the spirit, Deepika!
CynthiaSue said... (10/12/09 11:13 AM) Reply
too funny. all the reviews should read like this. love, love it! perfect print to match:)
Kelly D. said... (10/12/09 9:28 AM) Reply
What a great dress and fun photo shoot! I have done that zipper thing so many times that now I never cut the top off until I am sitting at the machine and ready to sew the facing on that will stop the zipper. I live with the floppy extra zipper tape through the fitting process.
Sic said... (10/12/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Super cute version of this dress! I love the fabric! Also, you leggings are adorable. I gave this dress a chance a while ago and it didn't work. I think I may give it another shot!
CarolynGM said... (10/12/09 7:34 AM) Reply
What a darling ensemble! Thanks for the zipper warning too.
Rebecca D said... (10/12/09 6:54 AM) Reply
I love your photo shoot and the fabric and dress are just darling! Where did you get those cool leggings? I love them.
SpinningJenny said... (10/12/09 5:57 AM) Reply
Great dress, great styling, wonderful photos! You look fantastic Deepika. You and Kristen have made knockout, inspiring versions of this pattern.
Leora said... (10/12/09 2:22 AM) Reply
Cute outfit!
Jali said... (10/12/09 0:51 AM) Reply
What a fun tunic and review! Love the styling. Just perfect to go with the beautiful print.
Amanda S. said... (10/11/09 10:40 PM) Reply
What a fun little dress!
Sewnsewmom said... (10/11/09 10:28 PM) Reply
Cute! Cute! Cute! You most certainly look like you're having fun with your beautiful dress that you made. You're right: we should have fun with what we make. Thanks for the great reminder - and great review!
erikagut said... (10/11/09 8:34 PM) Reply
Totally awesome dress in a stellar print. Mod.
Lynnelle said... (10/11/09 8:12 PM) Reply
Fun photos and a really nice tunic. I love the fabric! Nice job.
Peter in NYC said... (10/11/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Cute dress and what a great print. You go, Girlfriend!
Sew4Fun said... (10/11/09 7:01 PM) Reply
What a fabulous outfit! Really enjoyed the photos and review too!
RLL said... (10/11/09 6:59 PM) Reply
Great fun photos! And the dress is way too cute. Been there and done that with the zipper ordeal...what a pain! But as you said....all is well that ends well, and this certainly ended well.
AnitaJ said... (10/11/09 5:52 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! I enjoyed your fun photos too. :)
sideseams said... (10/11/09 5:36 PM) Reply
Oh, you look great in your tunic. The pattern was a perfect choice. So stylish.
Leslie in Austin said... (10/11/09 5:19 PM) Reply
I knew you would rock that tunic!!! Looks great with those cute capris!
Sweetiebop said... (10/11/09 5:19 PM) Reply
You look so young and fresh in this. I can tell it will get a lot of wear. The whole ensemble is cute.
Catbird said... (10/11/09 5:14 PM) Reply
I'm going to thoroughly read this review later when I have some time because it looks like a good one full of information, but I had to write a quick comment to tell you that this dress looks GREAT on you and I love all the pictures! No wonder that you feel 10 years younger in this, because it's such a lighthearted, spirited dress. Fantastic with the leggings, GREAT bag, perfect styling. I love it!

by: Izybel18