Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5825

Posted on:10/14/09 9:56 PM
Last Updated:10/14/09 11:33 PM

See other patterns in this category: Home Dec
sewrose said... (1/26/10 9:45 AM) Reply
Nancy, I am so glad to find your review. I'm using this pattern with two, beginning sewing students and I'm running into the same little troubles you did fabric shrinking to 42" wide after prewashing, and the neck strap is too long. After I got this out of the envelope I thought it has too many steps to be a great beginner's project, but the students are so excited about it, I'm forging on, anyway. I think adding a lining to the skirt will just intimidate them, and I don't mind the apron being lightweight.
amysayssew said... (10/20/09 10:32 PM) Reply
Very cute! What technique did you use to line the apron? I like quilting cotton but am afraid it would be too flimsy for an apron. Thanks!
Rhoda K said... (10/15/09 3:43 PM) Reply
Very cute apron and love your fabric. I, too, look forward to the *showing* of your daughter's apron.
renren said... (10/15/09 8:00 AM) Reply
Very nice apron! I like how, just like a teacher, you try to anticipate any points of confusion for your daughter/sewing student and pave the way for her. Enjoy your cake decorating class! I'll be watching for your daughter's apron, too.
michalklimer said... (10/15/09 7:24 AM) Reply
This is just adorable!
Athene said... (10/15/09 0:43 AM) Reply
A very cute and feminine apron.
sewmytime said... (10/14/09 11:29 PM) Reply
very pretty.....Your garments are simply outstanding a professional...I love your blog and thanks for the time and effort you put into your blog to inspire so many

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used