Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket
J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3894 (Khaliah Ali Collection)

Reviewed by:racehorse

About racehorsestarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 7/12/09
Posted on:10/16/09 6:08 PM
Last Updated:10/17/09 1:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus    Skirts
Hootie Patootie said... (8/26/11 11:15 AM) Reply
I realize I'm a little lat to the game on this one, but I just signed up today & found your review for this pattern. This is beautiful, and I think it looks very flattering on you! I love the fabric and the color you chose as well. I've been looking for kind of a simple jacket like this that I can "funkify" (LOL) a bit with fabric choice & possibly adding some fringe to really give it a boho/gypsy/ethnic sort of feel. Seeing your photos gives me great hope for this pattern as a starting point. Thanks for sharing! :-)
RLL said... (10/17/09 7:19 PM) Reply
The fabric is great, wonderful for fall colors. I agree that it might be a bit big and hope that the fix on the back seam works that out for you.
carolynw said... (10/17/09 1:55 PM) Reply
Am glad you have re-thought this as it is beautiful - if you still don't like it will send my address and pay postage LOL!!
Annette1 said... (10/16/09 7:59 PM) Reply
Ooooo, it looks PRETTY from where I'm sitting! If you don't keep it, I'm sure your mother will LOVE it. I struck out on a couple of projects here lately too. Hopefully we'll be back in the saddle soon. :o)
marec said... (10/16/09 6:55 PM) Reply
It's cute! I like the colors also. But, I've made this top/jacket thingy twice and love it. I altered the pattern quite a bit as I am petite and there was just too much going on. I hope you give it another try. It's a great addition to loungewear and can even be workwear in a casual/artsy work environment.
Judy Wentz said... (10/16/09 6:14 PM) Reply
From what I can see of it, it looks rather nice. jw

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS