Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1071 (Weekender Sunshine Tops)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 55 people
canei said... (12/29/09 8:08 AM) Reply
nice
OP Gal said... (11/2/09 6:32 PM) Reply
I just got around to reading this review. The no FBA part pushed me off the fence and I'm definitely buying this pattern. I've been thinking about ordering it for awhile. This is a very flattering top. I can see why you'll be making 200 of them. Thanks for all the details in the review.
marciae said... (10/25/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Like you I've been resisting as I've had problems with HP - but might rethink this pattern. Great review
Annette1 said... (10/24/09 4:24 AM) Reply
This top has the PERFECT amount of ease. It's oh-so-chic and looks SO NICE on you, both belted and unbelted!
fourkid said... (10/23/09 11:21 PM) Reply
Very, very nice - I have yet to sew a HP - you have sold me on this one.
Lisa p said... (10/23/09 2:29 PM) Reply
Very nice Debbie, the print is so lovely on you . Thanks for the very indepth review .
pammieh said... (10/23/09 1:20 AM) Reply
Great top on you!! Very hip!
JDpenelope said... (10/22/09 11:04 PM) Reply
Thanks, Debbie. I'll join the chorus in praise of this Awesome review... and pattern. I really like this top on you -- And no FBA is a big plus. I might NEED this pattern.
Catbird said... (10/22/09 7:56 PM) Reply
You've really found a winner here! I have this pattern but haven't yet conquered the fit issues that I had with it. You did a spectacular job and have created a very flattering top. It inspires me to have another go at mine. Thank you for the great review!
becca a said... (10/22/09 5:07 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top. I like the belted look too. Thank you for the great review. I think I will have to get this pattern.
LollyVee said... (10/22/09 3:11 PM) Reply
WOW, now that's a perfect fitting top. Love the print. These "Hot Patterns" are just that HOT! I need to get my hands on one to try! Thanks for the great review!
Red Curtain said... (10/22/09 2:27 PM) Reply
Cutie! Looks great on you. Your review was helpful in how you described adjusting the pattern fit.
sissycat said... (10/22/09 11:09 AM) Reply
Awesome...fabric, fit & personal choice!!
li'l miss muffett said... (10/22/09 10:33 AM) Reply
This is an awesome pattern, huh? I love yours! The white one I made is really starting to show wear (i.e. spaghetti sauce stains) so I've got to make another! LOL!
ConnieBJ said... (10/22/09 10:29 AM) Reply
Isn't it nice to find a top that is quick, easy and cute all in one package! Great tee Debbie.
Mufffet said... (10/22/09 9:57 AM) Reply
What a nice top. Thanks for a totally complete review of this pattern. I didn't know they had such a size range in Hot Patterns. Thanks again.
Sallygirl said... (10/22/09 9:38 AM) Reply
That came out perfect, Debbie! I love the fabric choices you make. I have 4 Hot Patterns on order, but they seem to be taking their sweet time to get to m. :(
idesign said... (10/22/09 9:38 AM) Reply
As always, you give such helpful tips with your reviews. Thanks Deb!
emelle said... (10/22/09 9:11 AM) Reply
I love it too...on you and on me!
Andreahg said... (10/22/09 9:08 AM) Reply
Very cute!
mssewcrazy said... (10/22/09 8:56 AM) Reply
I have sworn off buying patterns as I have not been sewing but this is so nice and your method of fitting sounds so good, I will have to buy this pattern. I buy anything you recommend so why stop now. Your top is just beautiful.
Nancy K said... (10/22/09 8:28 AM) Reply
You can see why this has been my favorite top and I struggle with my urge to make it yet again! Maybe I'll make it in the tunic version with a belt. It looks great on you and I love your construction changes. If I do succumb and make it again I'll incorporate your changes. I too add deeper hems, which I much prefer in knits. It is a very flattering top.
Debbie Cook said... (10/22/09 8:26 AM) Reply
Raye Ann, No, P/P Light is a woven interfacing and it curbs the stretch of a knit.
Rustybobn said... (10/22/09 8:23 AM) Reply
Love that! It looks great on you.
Woolygal said... (10/22/09 7:32 AM) Reply
You're right - make it 100 times.
Lisette said... (10/22/09 7:21 AM) Reply
Looks great on you!
eugenia123 said... (10/22/09 7:08 AM) Reply
Great top, lovely shape and beautiful fabric.
Rebecca D said... (10/22/09 6:31 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. I love this pattern.
sewsue said... (10/22/09 3:44 AM) Reply
I too have recently made up 2 versions of this pattern and I LOVE LOVE it too! I made mine straight out of the envelope and was very pleased wiht the fit for me, NO FBA needed! Yours looks like a great fit too.
Lori V said... (10/22/09 3:21 AM) Reply
Your top looks fantastic on you.
o3b said... (10/22/09 2:19 AM) Reply
Very pretty top! I like the belted look, too.
michalklimer said... (10/22/09 1:23 AM) Reply
it is such a pretty top!
Sherril Miller said... (10/22/09 1:21 AM) Reply
I think it looks great too. The belt is a nice touch. Did you give it your signature shaped hemline?
SueV said... (10/22/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Isn't this a great top! I've made it at least 10 times, and will make it at least 10 more. the gather placement is so flattering
Schnauzer said... (10/21/09 11:50 PM) Reply
Very nice and looks lovely on you.
Sew4Fun said... (10/21/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Love it!!
Raye Ann said... (10/21/09 11:23 PM) Reply
this looks terrific on you! i always love your choice of knits. does the interfaced knit still stretch the the Palmer/Pletsch Light? I tried a generic fusible for knit and could tell from a sample facing that it was going to separate and ripple under the knit facing with regular wear.
michellep74 said... (10/21/09 11:08 PM) Reply
I love this in a print! I'm wearing one of my versions of this same top right now. Isn't this a great pattern?
AnitaJ said... (10/21/09 10:57 PM) Reply
Very flattering top! It's an 80's look I'm happy to repeat too.
sewing for fun said... (10/21/09 10:57 PM) Reply
Great top Debbie! Love the print. I tried this pattern as size smaller than my measurements, made it even smaller in the neckline band, but still found it to be humongous on me... I love the pattern style, but not sure I can make it work for me without re-drafting the whole thing.
Tailypo said... (10/21/09 10:44 PM) Reply
I'm with littlejazzbird -- I think you have brought me to the tipping point when it comes to this pattern, I'm going to have to make it mine! Great looking top, I love it with the matching belt at "short tunic" length.
sew obsessed said... (10/21/09 10:41 PM) Reply
Debbie this top looks great on you! I was sitting on the fence with this pattern but now I have to have it! I love the Palmer/Pletsch interfacings too. Especially the light and the sheer for knits. Thanks for the review.
Sweetiebop said... (10/21/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Oh Debbie I love this. Great top. And you didn't do a muslin.
Riesie said... (10/21/09 10:38 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous. You have such a good eye for what looks great on you!
Twinset said... (10/21/09 10:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful and flattering! Isn't it great that you have a top you're in love with? I too have always admired this pattern after having seen so many beautiful versions here on PR; maybe I should do like you and make it!
jilly cooper said... (10/21/09 10:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, looks great and I agree - very flattering:)

Folkwear 207