Pattern Reviews> Other> PTN-018 (Star Trek Starfleet Officer)

Reviewed by:BenaeQuee

About BenaeQueestar
Member since: 3/9/08
Posted on:10/22/09 10:53 AM
Last Updated:9/21/13 7:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
David Faith said... (3/24/14 4:11 PM) Reply
@ MasoumaRose http://www.costumecostumecostume.com/ Has them as does Roddenberry.com the intergalactictradingpost and Ebay are other places these could be found. @Annika The Simplicity pattern is not the same thing, The shirt comes close the dress is all wrong, The Next Generation one that was produced around the same time is closer to what was seen on the screen then the simplicity pattern.
droxy said... (10/27/11 2:22 PM) Reply
i'd lov one of these, but after your review..not yet.
heathercampbell29 said... (11/4/09 2:57 PM) Reply
Awesome. I'm a trek fan and I love this so much. You look stunning in this uniform!
AnneMarie60 said... (11/3/09 11:46 AM) Reply
Gorgeous results! Love the velour. Very helpful review.
Annika said... (10/23/09 4:34 PM) Reply
Many years ago one of the Big 4 published a pattern for the original Star Trek uniforms - men's and women's - and I snatched it up - it's still in my pattern collection somewhere. Sounds like the pattern you had was a total nightmare but you did a fantastic job. Wow!
MasoumaRose said... (10/22/09 7:27 PM) Reply
Great job! You got a wonderful result with this costume. It does sound like the pattern is not for amateurs. Where did you get a copy of this pattern? I'm a trekker at heart, so I might try to make this one day.
Leora said... (10/22/09 12:56 PM) Reply
Love it! Too bad the pattern is so hard to work with. I never realized how short her dress was until now!!
Trephas2003 said... (10/22/09 12:37 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
pammieh said... (10/22/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Fun!!! Great result.
BenaeQuee said... (10/22/09 12:21 PM) Reply
@dbsewer - it wasn't my review, it was someone elses. They just happen to have the same problems I did... it's common place for this pattern.

@Andreahg - I know, 6yds of fabric for a tiny dress?! I got 1.5yds (60" wide) because the velour was expensive at $12/yd (high quality stuff). I made it work, but 2 or 2.5 would be ideal.

Andreahg said... (10/22/09 11:56 AM) Reply
Wow! I can't believe it called for 6yrds on such a small dress. Your end result looks amazing, clearly worth all the effort!
dbsewer said... (10/22/09 11:49 AM) Reply
This looks like a review I saw a while back. Did you update this from an earlier review? It looks like it turned out well despite the size issues.

by: Jenny80