Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1087 (WSJ Kyoto Skirt)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:10/22/09 6:21 PM
Last Updated:10/22/09 6:23 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 28 people

katie lynne said... (11/5/09 6:46 PM) Reply
Wowee! Cool skirt. Love your skirt back godet revision. And your topstitching is absolutely marvelous. (Guess maybe I should take on something like this and maybe my topstitching skills would improve! :o) ) Now that I've seen it on a real person, I don't have to imagine what the fit is really like. Thank you for such a superb and thorough review. Your pics are such a big help. OH--since I haven't sewn a dang thing for AGES, guess all of my fabric is free too. Thanks for explaining that!
fryman said... (10/24/09 10:18 AM) Reply
excellent review! The comparisson photos are VERY helpful!
Annette1 said... (10/24/09 4:20 AM) Reply
Just a SUPER CUTE little skirt, Debbie. I was having trouble picturing it in "real life" until I saw yours. I love it! (Oh, and I have lots of FREE fabric, too.) :o)
chelsy21 said... (10/23/09 2:23 PM) Reply
Great skirt, wonderful review & I agree that if you use fabrics from your stash, then this garment is indeed free!
barbcl said... (10/23/09 11:40 AM) Reply
What an adorable skirt! Chic and beautifully made, so what's not to love! Great job.
Pam Padilla said... (10/23/09 10:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the details and pictures!
Mufffet said... (10/23/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Cute skirt! A lot of work, and you did a terrific job. I do love the piping!
twinkle72 said... (10/23/09 9:12 AM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash, but I keep holding back thinking that it looks like a lot of work! Yours is rather inspiring, though, and I feel gently nudged towards my machine. :)
LollyVee said... (10/23/09 8:16 AM) Reply
WOW, I don't wear skirts, simply because dresses suit me better, but this one is gorgeous. Very unique. i love all the details..the shape and the topstitching. Very nice. Thanks for a brilliant review!
BillieJean said... (10/23/09 6:45 AM) Reply
I'm sold. I have to have this pattern. Your skirt is beautiful and as always, your review is great. Loved the link to the video.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/23/09 1:42 AM) Reply
I love the skirt and top with the belt. Looks terrific. Thanks for all the info on the fabulous skirt.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (10/23/09 0:42 AM) Reply
what a fun review, thank you! Everyone is going to want to know where you got that great skirt. . .
PVA said... (10/23/09 0:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Debbie -- terrific skirt! I love your version of the trim, top stitching & cargo pockets. I don't think I'd have the courage to try it if it hadn't been for this review, but maybe my rather large "back porch" won't seem as gargantuan as I'm afraid it would. (Dream on, Pat! (8^D)
Twinset said... (10/22/09 11:50 PM) Reply
I love your skirt, it is so well done (I like your topstitching). You inspire me to give a try to this pattern. Thanks for the great review.
Speech girl said... (10/22/09 9:43 PM) Reply
What a great skirt! Thanks for the review, and so timely too because I just cut out this pattern today.
MsOzark said... (10/22/09 8:47 PM) Reply
love your review and love hot patterns...passed this one by though, cuz though it might be a bit too much for me....however after reading your review, I've changed my mind! Thanks for a great review!
michellep74 said... (10/22/09 6:54 PM) Reply
Cute skirt! I just bought this at the last HP sale after seeing another PR member's version--I love your version, too!
sew obsessed said... (10/22/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Oh Debbie, this is so cute! I haven't made a skirt in years but I might have to do this one:-) Thanks for a very helpful and informative review.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122