Pattern Reviews> Other> Wardrobe Contest Sep 2009 (Fall Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:HawkeMorningStar7

About HawkeMorningStar7starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/21/05
Posted on:11/5/09 1:46 PM
Last Updated:11/30/09 1:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Coastal Connie said... (12/23/09 1:11 AM) Reply
great wardrobe! I love your color choices--they are gorgeous together and just look great on you. I am wondering how you are so productive??? nice work
mesewlot said... (12/17/09 0:02 AM) Reply
Wow! Your wardrobe is amazing, I love your colors. And, I agree, that look fantastic on you. Gret job!
Em's Summer said... (12/10/09 0:28 AM) Reply
What a dazzlingly beautiful wardrobe! And it all looks very pretty on you! Great job!
Kathi R said... (12/8/09 11:05 AM) Reply
Amazing colors, you look great in all the combinations!
Nancywin said... (12/8/09 10:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful colors Miriam. I can always pick your clothes out of a crowd because of your refreshing color palette and wonderful choice of soft, flowy fabrics. Another great wardrobe for you! I can't believe all the pieces you've made
AnneM said... (12/5/09 5:44 PM) Reply
Fantastic! When I contemplate doing a wardrobe, I tend to fall back on the neutral colors. Your wardrobe is a GREAT example that we don't have to do that.
arianamaniacs said... (12/5/09 3:45 PM) Reply
I love your wardrobe. There's not a single boring "filler" piece among the lot. I would love to have these clothes!
Rosesred said... (12/1/09 3:44 AM) Reply
Wonderful collection. I love how you used both interesting colors and patterns. It really is an inspired wardrobe. That colorblock skirt is awesome
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (11/30/09 10:58 PM) Reply
Hi Ruthie, yes I believe you are right 30, including the bag. I made 27 items in 08 contest but with a very difficult bag so I knew I could make 30, as many of the tops were simple knits, TNT. PS I LOVE your By the Sea Collection. Bravo in completing all in 1 month.
RuthieSews said... (11/30/09 6:12 PM) Reply
WOW! How many garments did you make in the end? I had some trouble counting but it must be something like 30 in total?
lovenicky said... (11/30/09 2:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful colours! Really lovely wardrobe!
Barbara V said... (11/30/09 1:28 PM) Reply
Really beautiful wardrobe! Your vibrant colors and wonderfully fitting garments are very lovely. Great job!
CTBarb said... (11/30/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Your colors are truly wonderful. And so many extra pieces...I am impressed. I think this is a fabulous wardrobe. Bravo!
sewer76 said... (11/29/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Your wardrobe is so colourful and fantastic!!! congratulations.
katharin said... (11/29/09 9:08 PM) Reply
I love your unusual color combinations and I'm totally impressed by the number of pieces. Your wardrobe looks smashing on you.
Diane333 said... (11/6/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful. You are very creative and wear it all well.
EleanorSews said... (11/5/09 4:44 PM) Reply
How interesting! Using the medicine wheel to work with the pantone colors is very creative. Your results are stunning.
pterion said... (11/2/09 1:24 PM) Reply
A beautiful palette and a very flattering and stylish selection of patterns. Your wardrobe is looking spectacular!
janet said... (10/29/09 3:27 PM) Reply
What an inspiring WARDROBE. You look absolutely F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/28/09 4:25 PM) Reply
quathy , I hand painted the Medicine Wheel colours myself..mixed them to get shades close enough to the Pantone ones, then scanned it in. Thank You!
MamaSewing said... (10/28/09 2:13 PM) Reply
I usually can't wear the fall colors but this years Pantone colours resonated with me as well! You've made great choices in fabrics, colors and styles!
quathy said... (10/28/09 11:41 AM) Reply
I love how you chose your colors - very inspiring! I'm curious if the multi-color print on your photo site helped with your inspiration, or was that a lucky find after you reviewed the Pantone fall colors? They all go together in a wonderful refreshing way!
annie11 said... (10/28/09 11:18 AM) Reply
Thank you for sharing this. It is just stunning, and I absolutely love the meaning behind it all. I will be coming back to study this and learn from you!
Rhoda K said... (10/27/09 2:28 PM) Reply
What a beautiful range of colors! I'm really looking forward to the reviews.

More Knits