Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2525 (Steampunk Mary Poppins)

Reviewed by:heathercampbell29

About heathercampbell29star
Member since: 5/23/08
Posted on:10/27/09 5:35 PM
Last Updated:11/2/09 2:46 PM
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Heatherrique said... (11/2/09 8:21 PM) Reply
So fun and fierce, Heather! I can imagine you wearing the bolero with black slacks and boots, ready for a rock conert!
heathercampbell29 said... (10/28/09 1:39 PM) Reply
I just want to be clear that the actual pattern is quite well drafted, the pieces fit together well and I had no problems sewing it up. I just think they could have used a couple more pages of instructions, some more photos or drawings and the back of the envelope needs to be clearer about your fabric requirements. It wasn't hard to sew at all once you figured out what pieces to cut of what fabric.
shannie said... (10/28/09 12:27 PM) Reply
A review like yours is exactly why I joined pattern review! Thank you so much for breaking down all the yardages! I have this pattern and now I know what to expect! Even with the poor instructions your costume turned out AMAZING! I love your choices of fabric and trims! What an accomplishment! Thanks so much for the in-depth review!
Mufffet said... (10/28/09 10:03 AM) Reply
Nifty costume!
pterion said... (10/27/09 10:39 PM) Reply
Really impressive costume! I agree that it sure would be nice if some of it could be adapted for non-Halloween use. It's too cool to be stowed in a closet.
IIbis said... (10/27/09 10:29 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Love the colors! Your costume looks wonderful! Just finished two of these myself, one requiring FBA. I did notice the jacket was big on the girl's shoulders but, like you, I was done altering a costume.
jannw said... (10/27/09 8:28 PM) Reply
Ypu got a wonderful result from this pattern and your fabric choices really make this costume stand out..great job
heathercampbell29 said... (10/27/09 7:56 PM) Reply
marec, I'm going to have to say no to wearing it after halloween. It's pretty costumey and at age 40, I don't think I can get away with it unless I was going to a scifi convention or something. Maybe the dress could be worn, but it sort-of looks like a slip or a nightie.
marec said... (10/27/09 7:11 PM) Reply
Wow, this is great! Can you use any of the pieces after Halloween? Nice work.
Trephas2003 said... (10/27/09 6:15 PM) Reply