Pattern Reviews> Macphee sewing workshop> 295 (Jean Jacket/Vest)

Reviewed by:Elaine Dougan

About Elaine Douganstar
BC CANADA
Member since: 1/24/07
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:10/28/09 9:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Sheila457 said... (11/1/09 4:40 AM) Reply
Your determination and hard work paid off the jacket looks great. Thank you for the lovely compliment on my cardigan.
Michele Lommasson said... (10/30/09 12:19 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. I doesn't begin to look as if you had any trouble making it. Very flattering.
marec said... (10/29/09 8:22 PM) Reply
This is an example of why I love PR...honesty in the *process* of sewing. You have a very, very pretty jacket and I cannot see any evidence of your struggles. Thank you for the review, and if you hate this jacket...I'll give you my address :-)
Rhoda K said... (10/29/09 10:29 AM) Reply
Wow - I never would have known the problems you encountered, but I admire you for sticking with it. It does look good on you and I hope you enjoy wearing it.
Nancy Rhodes said... (10/29/09 8:37 AM) Reply
TORTURE! But what a fabulous result. Great look!
Jane S said... (10/29/09 8:05 AM) Reply
Wow, you have persistance and I think you have a lovely jacket to show for it. I, for one, would have given up at least half way and put it in my UFO closet. It's a great style, though, so now you've had your "sewing lessons" on this pattern and can make it in different fabrics much more quickly.
Annette1 said... (10/29/09 1:14 AM) Reply
:o))) I started laughing so hard as I was reading this LONG AND WINDING review. :o))) You would NEVER know -- NEVER -- from looking at this BEAUTIFUL, LUSH jacket that there were so many bumps along the road. It's BEAUTIFUL, and I KNOW you're going to get LOTS of compliments when you wear it. I LOVE the color. You sound like me: After a certain point, I say, I ain't quittin' now, come YOU-KNOW-WHAT or high water!
katlew03 said... (10/28/09 11:47 PM) Reply
Some projects just seem to go wrong every step of the way. However, I find that because I put so much work into them, they often turn out to be my favorites. Your jacket turned out very nice and I know you learned a lot from it. The finished product makes it worthwhile.
sewtime said... (10/28/09 11:12 PM) Reply
Elaine, You worked hard and you have a beautiful jacket to show for it! Good sewing!!
Aixoise said... (10/28/09 10:37 PM) Reply
Had you not detailed the difficulties you had in constructing this jacket, I'd never have known from the photo. It looks very good on you and very nicely put together. But don't you get tired of extended "learning experiences"? I know I do. Kudos for sticking with it.
MaryDB said... (10/28/09 10:00 PM) Reply
Elaine, I feel your pain over this project. I admire your tenacity, however, and it really paid off. The jacket looks great! Wear it with pleasure.

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used