Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1089 (Classix Nouveau 3 Graces tops)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/8/09 1:19 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

JDpenelope said... (11/15/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful, just beautiful! Great photos of you, as usual, wearing it. I have this pattern -- If you had trouble with the instructions, I don't see how I will ever figure it out. :-(
Raye Ann said... (11/9/09 4:56 PM) Reply
this is lovely on you. cute kiddo, too!
MissCelie said... (11/9/09 1:30 PM) Reply
I quite like this on you! Ann, you are just always so put together!
j222b said... (11/9/09 12:56 PM) Reply
I like your hair color, smile, this red on you, and your earrings. I cannot bring myself to say I like this blouse, there is entirely too much drape “through the center front tummy area”.
Nancy K said... (11/9/09 10:24 AM) Reply
I love the color you used, but I have a wadder of this and I agree that even after watching the video at least 10 times it finally hit me how she was twisting the first piece. I may try this again after retracing with a smaller size using the underbust for sizing, as you have. It is flattering on you, even with the extra fabric at the tummy. On PR day I was at the Japanese book store looking at the Japanese pattern books, and there were some very interesting, complicated twisted tops and the photos, with no English, were totally understandable. Even with the video, this top was not clear and it is possible.
sew obsessed said... (11/9/09 7:12 AM) Reply
Ann, this looks really cute on you! Especially the action shot:-)
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (11/9/09 5:55 AM) Reply this top on you! But then you do wear everything so well and look great all the time :) ..and it's so helpful for me to see what another "petite" gal wears so stylishly.
Lori V said... (11/8/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Very pretty top.
Athene said... (11/8/09 9:49 PM) Reply
Its such a great top and the color is beautiful - it suits you so well.
Lynngray said... (11/8/09 8:25 PM) Reply
I really like it on you. Thanks for the review
meli88a said... (11/8/09 4:41 PM) Reply
Nicely done! I am convinced by your review and all the other beautiful versions I've seen on PR that I NEED this pattern!
Meredith P said... (11/8/09 2:16 PM) Reply
This turned out beautifully. Great color on you, and it doesn't *look* like there is excess fabric on you. It looks great!
Rhoda K said... (11/8/09 11:15 AM) Reply
Very nice top and looks good on you. I like your musical backdrop and your action photo as well. ;-)
AnneMarie60 said... (11/8/09 10:24 AM) Reply
Beautifully done!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (11/8/09 10:15 AM) Reply
Anne, you wear this top beautifully, lovely colour and shape. Cute action shot!
DorothyK said... (11/8/09 9:57 AM) Reply
The top is very flattering - shape and color. I especially like the action photo.
Barbara V said... (11/8/09 9:52 AM) Reply
Ann, Great looking twist top! Nice color and fit. I like the the length and scrunch of the sleeves, and especially like the "action shot"!
carolynw said... (11/8/09 9:24 AM) Reply
Nice looking top - the color suits you perfectly
CarolynGM said... (11/8/09 6:09 AM) Reply
I love the unique distinctive styling of the front. The color is also especially beautiful.
BillieJean said... (11/8/09 6:01 AM) Reply
Looks lovely on you and I can see why you wanted to show us the top in action. Who is that beautiful "center of attention"?
FreyaStark said... (11/8/09 4:54 AM) Reply
It's snazzy and distinctive - as usual with your sewing!
Elona said... (11/8/09 3:10 AM) Reply
Even though you may not like the extra fabric in front, Ann, the top looks almost illegally cute on you!
marec said... (11/8/09 2:04 AM) Reply
This is so pretty on you! I love the soft draping in your top.
LollyVee said... (11/8/09 1:25 AM) Reply
Anne, that top is gorgeous on you. You wear it well! I don't like tops with too much fabric in them either...they are just too hot for the weather in Africa!

Jalie 2322