Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8594 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:twistedangel

About twistedangelstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 7/18/05
Posted on:11/28/09 1:40 PM
Last Updated:11/28/09 1:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
dilucentelj said... (6/1/10 8:47 PM) Reply
Amazing dress! I would have never considered this style in plaid, but you made it work beautifully! Excellent fit, too! Wow!
RoseOK said... (2/25/10 9:52 AM) Reply
You did an awesome job matching up the plaid. The dress looks fabulous.
sailonsilvergirl said... (12/13/09 2:06 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for posting here again, we learn so much from you! I'm adding this to all the tips I've gathered for my first attempt at sewing a plaid dress. Your dress looks top-notch!
MissCelie said... (12/13/09 1:30 PM) Reply
I'm amazed by the plaid matching work. Gorgeous!
becca a said... (11/29/09 9:05 AM) Reply
Wow! Fabulous matching of your plaids. What a great dress. Thanks for sharing the process in a great review.
Nata said... (11/29/09 8:24 AM) Reply
Your waist looks two sizes smaller due to the direction of plaid at the waist (not that you need it to look smaller but nice anyway). Love it.
Shellia said... (11/29/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful matching of the plaids to create a stunning dress.
valerie sews said... (11/29/09 4:29 AM) Reply
Love love the dress. Your matching of the plaid, especially in the back is impressive.
Erica B. said... (11/28/09 9:54 PM) Reply
That dress looks incredible! And the plaid matching? Just fabulous!
Barbara V said... (11/28/09 7:52 PM) Reply
This dress has intrigued me with it's beautiful lines as made up in solid color. Now your plaid version is obsolutely incredible....like the "rubiks cube" of matching plaids...quite the puzzle. Fantastic work and it looks lovely on you!
Rhoda K said... (11/28/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Very nice and great job with the plaid.
lamstu said... (11/28/09 7:07 PM) Reply
Sometimes being OCD is an asset! An absolutely stunning dress is your happy result. I wish I had anywhere to wear something like this, although I wouldn't probably go for the plaid, even with my own OCD issues :)
Fictionfan said... (11/28/09 6:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I thought this pattern was a definite pass until I saw your review. Lovely details! Very flattering!
Lisa p said... (11/28/09 4:25 PM) Reply
WOW , I wish I were astalented as you . That dress is a work of art !
Dynamo said... (11/28/09 4:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful work!
Tailypo said... (11/28/09 2:50 PM) Reply
Okay, I already knew you were in the category of Mad Genius when it comes to sewing, but now it is official. Your plaid matching is of course top notch, and the fit is splendid. But you are SCARY. Scary good! But scary. In a way I love! But also fear, because it is somehow inhuman, the awesomeness of this. I love you! Don't hurt me!!
Sharon M said... (11/28/09 2:13 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous. Your OCD regarding matching the plaid certainly paid off as this dress looks very expensive and custom.
Janie Viers said... (11/28/09 2:08 PM) Reply
WOW WOW WOW I can't saw WOW too many times! The more expensive that a garment is directly relates to the cut. In this case you made a million dollar dress with superb matching and tailoring (or just plain darn good cutting and pressing) I have seen garments in stores that cost OVER $300 who have ill matched plaids and stripes. THIS GARMENT IS A TOUR DE FORCE! (looks great on you too!) PS The shoes are the perfect touch!
Beek said... (11/28/09 2:07 PM) Reply
Wonderful review! I am SO happy you reviewed this pattern since I have it in my stash. I am now excited about making it up!
EleanorSews said... (11/28/09 1:46 PM) Reply
Stunning! The fit is perfection and your plaid matching is absolutely amazing given all the seams in this dress. You do wear it well.

by: Lori V