Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5079 (Twist on the Twist Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/11/09 10:41 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
strongnow said... (1/10/10 4:02 PM) Reply
I think you are being too hard on yourself. However, I appreciate all the information you provide. I also followed the link to your Flickr site and got so inspired. Thank you.
yummymummy38 said... (12/15/09 6:40 AM) Reply
while I see nothing wrong with this dress, we are our own worst enemy. Why would we wanna wear anything that was less than flattering, if we can make something that makes us feel fantastic? We've all had that feeling that we'll just wear it a few times and get rid of it... btw I love your reviews, the way you put in tips and especially the photographs and styling. Your reviews are a highlight!
sewnsewtoo said... (12/12/09 4:16 PM) Reply
Sorry this didn't work for you. For what it's worth, Ithink it looks great on you.
Sic said... (12/12/09 9:42 AM) Reply
I am so sorry this pattern didn't work out for you, but from the photos you look actually quite cute in your dress.
OP Gal said... (12/12/09 9:33 AM) Reply
I think the dress is darling. I can't detect any saggy boobs or prominent tummy in the pictures, they must be visible in reality.
Fran G said... (12/12/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Very cute on you! You should start a line of "Nice Girl" always find such flattering styles. Which dress do you think of as being your all time favorite/most flattering? I am in need of a bit of tummy disguising and always thought that fuller dresses accentuated..but certainly not on you. Love your LB birthday dress, but it may be a bit too bare for me. Any guidance?
becca a said... (12/12/09 7:38 AM) Reply
I agree with the other commenters--you look great in this dress. I don't see the saggy boobs or the belly emphasis in these photos. My first thought on seeing the picture was how flattering--it makes her waist look so small.
Christine B said... (12/11/09 10:11 PM) Reply
I agree with the gang - the swirl design is bold and busy enough that the eye isn't drawn to your midsection, at least not long enough to register anything "off" - not that I can see, anyway. I think you are being a bit too critical about yourself. :-)

For what - maybe $10? - it looks pretty impressive to me. And your review (as usual!) is wonderfully detailed - always a pleasure and truly infomative to read.

Em's Summer said... (12/11/09 6:31 PM) Reply
I totally agree that this dress looks cute on you. I especially love the fabric!!! The print is TDF and that color looks really good on you.
heathercampbell29 said... (12/11/09 4:08 PM) Reply
I'm going to join the chorus and say that I think this looks cute on you! especially with the matching glasses.
FreyaStark said... (12/11/09 3:49 PM) Reply
I agree with Pterion, too. The dress looks pretty to me. I hope you keep wearing it. Remember, other people won't necessarily notice what you think of as faults.
Trephas2003 said... (12/11/09 2:38 PM) Reply
It looks cute!
Mufffet said... (12/11/09 2:35 PM) Reply
This looks great. I too see no problems! If this is bad, I wish I looked this good! are a sewing whirlwind for sure.
sewtime said... (12/11/09 12:56 PM) Reply
Very cute!! And I agree with the above comments!
Carolyndh said... (12/11/09 11:16 AM) Reply
I agree with Pterion! I like the dress on you and think you look perky and sassy (in a good way). Great spring and summer frock...glasses are cute with it too.
pterion said... (12/11/09 11:01 AM) Reply
I'm not seeing saggy boobs or prominent tummy at all! I think the dress looks very fresh and summer-y. Love the print.

Burda 7967