Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2312 (Vintage Men's Robes)

Reviewed by:colorkitten

About colorkittenstar
NY USA
Member since: 1/19/08
Posted on:12/29/09 4:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
fourkid said... (1/2/10 9:06 AM) Reply
Great job - I love that pattern! I will be looking for it. * Edited to say that this drove me to my favorite vintage pattern site -and they had the pattern in the size I need! Of course I can't buy 1 pattern when shipping for 5 is free! So the bathrobe and 4 other patterns are now on their way to my home :)
nancy2001 said... (12/30/09 12:33 PM) Reply
The robe turned out beautifully. You did a great job.
colorkitten said... (12/30/09 10:55 AM) Reply
thanks, guys!! Peter, you really do need to do some robe sewing - perfect for over those nightshirts! I am wholeheartedly for the raglan sleeve - there are two in print these days, M4244 and S3575, not as detailed but of course easier to find.
lynnewill said... (12/29/09 9:27 PM) Reply
Nicely done! Your a clever gal thinking that the raglan would be more comfortable, I could not agree more, but don't know I would have thought of it. Thanks for mentioning it and I think I will make one of these for myself.
Peter in NYC said... (12/29/09 6:53 PM) Reply
Now THAT is a bathrobe. Maybe the flannel is of poor quality as you suggest but you'd never know it from the photos -- what a fun print and perfect for a vintage sewing pattern. OK, now you've got me wanting to sew up a robe myself! Great job and very thorough and fun review.
Ripple Dandelion said... (12/29/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Awesome robe and great review! I'm sorry you had trouble with the fabric (I can see why the print sucked your daughter in)--I've had bad flannel before too. Thanks for the photo of the belt with carriers.

Merchant & Mills Top 64

by: Kate 88

Sewing Workshop Joplin Pullover Pattern

Sewing Workshop Joplin Pullover Pattern

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)