Mood Fabrics

Member since: 10/22/08
Posted on:12/28/09 12:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
ThatAllenChick said... (3/23/11 11:55 AM) Reply
This pattern did not work for me either, but a belt will help to "tame" some of the fullness. 
fryman said... (12/29/09 8:21 PM) Reply
so many of the current ctyles favor the maternity look and those of us with waistlines get lost in the shuffle. thanks for your review. I will not make any multi-pleated tops ever, not even the very popular empire look. this experience will help you a lot. thanks again!
FreyaStark said... (12/29/09 4:28 AM) Reply
The fabric looks smart even if the top is disappointing. (I haven't had to worry about dusty mirrors since discovering my camera's self-timer. Yours might have one too if you investigate the controls.)
carolynw said... (12/28/09 10:22 PM) Reply
I thank you so much for the honest review -it made me laugh and also sure not to try this one.
OP Gal said... (12/28/09 8:37 PM) Reply
Well, I do have to say that it is a tad big and not very flattering. You're right, it would make a good maternity top. Good review. Thanks for the heads up.
Kayseri said... (12/28/09 2:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I can see the appeal of the pleats but it looks like this would be a tent even in a very drapy fabric. But looking at the photos again I wonder what it would be like in a lightweight woven?
Florigal said... (12/28/09 1:55 PM) Reply
I think this top screams "Belt me!" I made this pattern with the large collar twice: once with the balloon sleeves and once with the long sleeves. Both times I used soft knits which draped well so the pleats fell softly. I made these tops as gifts for my tall, thin niece and my also tall, thin sister. I got good feedback from them.
Janie Viers said... (12/28/09 1:51 PM) Reply
What does it look like if you belt and blouse it? The pattern looks cut with a belt?

by: Sheila457