Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8292 (Coats)

Reviewed by:VeroSewsStuff

About VeroSewsStuffstar
FRANCE
Member since: 11/12/09
Posted on:1/15/10 7:07 AM
Last Updated:1/15/10 7:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $8.96 $11.95 Pattern Details
bobbincat said... (7/10/11 6:30 AM) Reply
Fabulous Coat!! Great choice of fabric and great sewing!
gernella said... (6/8/10 1:55 PM) Reply
That is a really great coat, I had picked the pattern out for later this year but thought I would look at the reviews before I start looking for fabric. I can't believe you have not been sewing for long. It looks really professional. Well done.
Kay Y said... (1/17/10 10:58 PM) Reply
I am very impressed with your coat - you should be proud! Hope we'll see more of your projects here in future!
Christas said... (1/17/10 11:05 AM) Reply
You have only been sewing 4 months? Oh my! You are exceptionally talented. I would have been very proud to have sewn this coat, and I have been sewing for over 20 years. Excellent work!
Jane S said... (1/16/10 7:22 PM) Reply
Your English is wonderful and your coat is spectacular. I'm so glad you have joined this wonderful PR place. You will inspire others to proceed step by step on their next challenge.
rozzybabe said... (1/16/10 1:45 PM) Reply
I have never sewn a coat, & I've been sewing for over 3 decades!! You were brave to jump in, & did a super job for one so new to dressmaking. I think you'll be doing some fantastic items VERY soon!
Ann Smith said... (1/16/10 12:51 PM) Reply
I can't believe you just started sewing such a short time ago. You really bit the bullet here and came out with a fantastic result. Congratulations!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/16/10 10:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! You did a terrific job. I love your fabric.
DorothyK said... (1/16/10 9:10 AM) Reply
Tres chic. Your perseverance has paid off. I'm amazed you were able to do this after only four months.
eugenia123 said... (1/16/10 8:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat - you have done an amazing job. It looks very chic and suits you so well.
VeroSewsStuff said... (1/16/10 4:53 AM) Reply
Sew4Fun your very clear tutorial was not just helpful, it was coat-saving for me ! Thanks again !
VeroSewsStuff said... (1/16/10 3:20 AM) Reply
Sew4Fun said... (1/16/10 1:51 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat! You did a great job especially using a tweed as you did and your first bound buttonholes. Glad you found my instructions helpful. :) P.S. Your English is perfect!
becca a said... (1/16/10 1:27 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job! The coat looks wonderful and the fabric is beautiful. Congratulations.
nellc said... (1/15/10 5:29 PM) Reply
Your coat looks really lovely, well done for tackling a project like this with only 4 months sewing experience.
Kayseri said... (1/15/10 5:29 PM) Reply
This is terrific an you choose the perfect fabric. I think you are extremely brave to try something so complex and you have done a lovely job.
Karendee said... (1/15/10 4:18 PM) Reply
Amazing coat. I find it fantastic that you have achieved this much in 4 months of sewing. Congratulations, again.
FreyaStark said... (1/15/10 3:51 PM) Reply
Un manteau tres chic - bravo.
Rhoda K said... (1/15/10 3:24 PM) Reply
I love your coat & fabric. It's quite an undertaking for a beginner but I believe you're off to a great start. We'll look forward to more reviews from you.
davin said... (1/15/10 3:24 PM) Reply
Most impressive for a beginner. Congrats.
portercs said... (1/15/10 2:33 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous!
VeroSewsStuff said... (1/15/10 2:27 PM) Reply
Thanks ! Persevering thanks for pointing out my mistakes (corrected now)! Beastella, (je vais répondre en anglais pour que tout le monde comprenne) you're absolutely right sewing a coat is really rewarding, you just need to take it slowly, one step at a time if you are a beginner. I bought the fabric online : http://www.atmlabel.eu, they had a great deal on it (around 6€/m). But it looks like it's not available anymore. If you're in France or in Europe here are some online stores I like : Butinette.fr and www.mes-tissus.fr . The last one is available in many languages and has a lot of fabrics.
Knitters Delight said... (1/15/10 2:25 PM) Reply
Phenomenal.
beastella said... (1/15/10 1:05 PM) Reply
superbe, quel manteau. c'est toujours ce qui fait peur aux débutants alors qu'en fait c'est toujours ce qui donne le plus de satisfaction et c'est pas si difficile, la preuve. En tous cas, bravo de s'être lancée. Le tissu est très beau aussi, il vient d'où ?
persevering said... (1/15/10 1:05 PM) Reply
I am impressed your great review, beautiful coat and thank you for the link to the bound buttonhole tutorial. D'ailleurs, vos efforts m'encouragent parce que je veux recommencer à coudre. Vous êtes débutante et à la fois vous écrivez en anglais avec excellents résultats! Bravo! Pourriez-vous accepter ma suggestion suivante? En anglais, on utilise une lettre majuscule pour la première lettre d'une langue... ainsi 'French' et 'English' dans votre écriture. (http://french.about.com/library/writing/bl-capitalization.htm)
digs57 said... (1/15/10 12:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful coat! Big bravo!
Puppy said... (1/15/10 12:22 PM) Reply
Je suis tres impressioner que vous pouver fabriquer un tel manteau assez tot dans votre efforts de coudre! Un tres bon resultat!
Vintage Joan said... (1/15/10 12:09 PM) Reply
Your coat is wonderful!! Beginner? You sure do dive right in there -- a lined winter coat with bound buttonholes -- WOW. :D By the way, don't fret -- your English is almost perfect!
Bunsnpigs said... (1/15/10 11:47 AM) Reply
FABULOUS!!! I love the material! J'aime le manteau! Splendide!! C'est tres chic!
Leora said... (1/15/10 11:11 AM) Reply
I love that fabric and style, perfect!
Beek said... (1/15/10 10:58 AM) Reply
Congrats on sewing a coat! And you've only been sewing for 4 months! Wow!!!!
VeroSewsStuff said... (1/15/10 10:45 AM) Reply
Thank you for all your comments, they are a great encouragement ! Fuzzygalore, you're having me worried also! I just hope that the fact that I interfaced the acetate will make it sturdy enough to last a few winters... And that by then I'll have the technical experience to replace them without making a mess !
racehorse said... (1/15/10 10:41 AM) Reply
That looks awesome! I need to put this one on my wish list!
Bunsnpigs said... (1/15/10 10:21 AM) Reply
fuzzygalore said... (1/15/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Your coat is really gorgeous! I am however a bit worried about one point: lining fabric isn't very sturdy, and acetate is particularly not abrasion-resistant. So I'm afraid your buttonholes, if they're done in lining fabric as you say and as seems to be true on the pictures, will soon show signs of fraying. Maybe you can start thinking of ways to replace the welts without deconstructing the whole thing?
TrixieD said... (1/15/10 9:51 AM) Reply
What a lovely coat. You've combined well the fabric and the pattern for a very stylish result.
Jo-Anne said... (1/15/10 9:30 AM) Reply
WOW!!! For someone who has only been sewing for four months, your coat is incredible. It looks better than the models!
Marie Norway said... (1/15/10 9:27 AM) Reply
Chouettissime! Very nice coat - very stylish and wonderful fabric. Congratulations!
dingyadi said... (1/15/10 9:05 AM) Reply
that is amazing! You have done a fabulous job
Annette Wright said... (1/15/10 8:09 AM) Reply
Congratulations on such a great project. It looks terrific. Sewing just gets easier as you go, and you've already overcome such an extreme hurdle. Absolutely a wonderful coat.
cindyann said... (1/15/10 7:34 AM) Reply
I think this turned out just great! Love the fabric. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for the link to Belinda's tut on bound buttonholes. It might come in handy in the next few days as I work on some of my own.
Pam C said... (1/15/10 7:34 AM) Reply
Wonderful coat - I love that fabric and style. I am so impressed you would tackle a coat.
Lori V said... (1/15/10 7:28 AM) Reply
Fantastic coat, and great job. I can't believe you have only been sewing 4 months.

Kwik Sew 2952