Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 57304-1000 (New Year's Shirt)

Reviewed by:voet

About voetstar
MI USA
Member since: 4/1/06
Posted on:12/31/09 11:06 AM
Last Updated:12/31/09 11:22 AM

AnneM said... (3/13/10 7:48 PM) Reply
Really neat shirt, looks perfect for New Year's Eve, symphony, whatever!
sewsewboy said... (1/1/10 8:53 PM) Reply
Hey, the shirt looks like one I bought at Banana Republic a couple of seasons ago. I have it in Brown and Bordeaux. Good job on the shirt. I stick to quick and fast projects but now I may work on a couple of more detailed things. Recently bought a vintage shirt pattern from the 1950s. I'll whip it up and then post a review. Good work. Did you wear the shirt out afterall???
sewsewboy said... (1/1/10 8:52 PM) Reply

sewsewboy said... (1/1/10 8:52 PM) Reply

voet said... (1/1/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Christine, I was using the A menu, so I am not sure what would have happened if I used the quilt menu. (In fact, I did not know there was a quilt menu.) I was using the single hole plate because the silk was quite lightweight. (I also broke two needles by forgetting that I was using that sole plate.) If I used the standard sole plate, I am sure I could adjust the needle width to the correct location. I am actually thinking about having the quarter inch foot bored out to the left so I can use needle positions to the left. This would make it much more versatile, in my opinion.
ChristineBR said... (1/1/10 9:56 AM) Reply
Very nice. That quarter inch foot on a Viking is 3/8ths if you use the straight stitch in the A menu, but if you go to the actual quarter inch stitch in the quilt menu, are you still getting 3/8?
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/1/10 9:47 AM) Reply
Very LUXE shirt! Nicely photographed too, I can easily see the details in the tucks. Thank you!
tess said... (1/1/10 6:33 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous shirt and a great review, thank you! Hope you had a great night!!
Kayseri said... (1/1/10 1:52 AM) Reply
Great shirt, it's a very nice match of fabric and design.
Athene said... (12/31/09 5:13 PM) Reply
A fabulous shirt - such great attention to detail - you are going to look very sharp indeed tonight.
RLL said... (12/31/09 3:03 PM) Reply
That is one sharp looking shirt. Love the Mexican tucks. Have fun tonight!
carolynw said... (12/31/09 2:38 PM) Reply
Love this - the Mexican tucks are absolutely perfect. Enjoy your evening out and look forward to more reviews in 2010!
Peter in NYC said... (12/31/09 12:18 PM) Reply
Wow -- what a beautiful garment. Hope you get to wear it tonight!

Made By Rae Parsley Pants

by: Atch

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sewing Workshop Soho Coat Pattern