Pattern Reviews> Lingerie Secrets> "T" Sport Bra ("T" Sport Bra)

Reviewed by:Lucy in Virginia

About Lucy in Virginiastar
VA USA
Member since: 12/20/07
Posted on:1/10/10 10:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
Jane S said... (2/1/10 7:22 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this timely review. I bought this pattern but never made it so your great looking sports bra is an inspiration.
valerie sews said... (1/24/10 7:29 PM) Reply
What a grat bra and a seriously nice fabric. I've never been game to have a go at making a sports bra but this looks very doable. Thank you for your review.
arianamaniacs said... (1/20/10 2:56 AM) Reply
That's seriously awesome. I have been wanting to reverse engineer one of my sports bras for years but never got around to it. Thanks for reviewing this, the pattern sounds intriguing. Never heard of a bra pattern that has a small bust adjustment. i love it!
Tez said... (1/18/10 5:28 AM) Reply
Very nice! And the fabric is really pretty.
JEF said... (1/14/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Love you fabric choice. It looks great!
JTink said... (1/11/10 3:29 PM) Reply
This is wonderful. I love wearing low support sports bras around the house. But now that I'm a D cup, it's been really difficult to find one that works. Thank you so much for this review.
Judy Kski said... (1/11/10 10:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review on something we can all use in the active wear category. I appreciate all the detail in your write-up. My biggest concern is the support. I've found that this style, when purchased in RTW, doesn't give me enough. Possibly if I made one myself and chose a better knit fabric, it might provide better support.
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/11/10 9:03 AM) Reply
Squirrellypoo, I'm not sure mine gives enough support for running. Its fine for the treadmill (unless you run really fast on it) and ellipticals, and also the weight machines. You could try going down a size to get it to bind more tightly and see if the support is enough for running.
fourkid said... (1/11/10 7:53 AM) Reply
Very nice - great review.
ryan's mom said... (1/11/10 6:36 AM) Reply
This is terrific! Thanks for the helpful review as I'm in desparate need of new sports bras. Yours is so much prettier than, like you said, the drab ones.
squirrellypoo said... (1/11/10 4:47 AM) Reply
Fantastic!! Sports bras are so expensive so you can really save money here. How would you rate the support in this? I'm only a b cup but I run so I end up needing a ton of support so I'm wondering if this would be enough, or if it's more suited to lower impact sports. You've got me very intrigued though and this is going on my wishlist!
sewing for fun said... (1/10/10 10:55 PM) Reply
Love your fabric choice! I have done this pattern and still needed FBA for H cup. Not enough support for me - I wear over a heavy duty sport bra with underwires, but I do love her patterns. I also use it as a modesty layer to cover the cleavage under summer tops when I do not want a whole cami underneath.
khurtdvm said... (1/10/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Very nice! Helpful review.

Vogue Patterns V8346