Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4815 (Misses' Vest)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08
Posted on:1/11/10 6:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
ElizabethDee said... (1/18/10 5:24 PM) Reply
i knew i had to comment when you wrote that you didn't think this style suited you -- like all the others, i think you look great! you did a wonderful job and the fit is fabulous. maybe you have this opinion about vests or this style because you've never had the proper fit before? just a thought. anyway, i love your work.
colorkitten said... (1/18/10 2:34 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! And it's a lovely use of the jacket. Thanks for all the details -- great info!
loti said... (1/17/10 6:32 PM) Reply
How cute is that vest, great job.
Rhoda K said... (1/17/10 4:40 PM) Reply
Nice job and good review. I never think to shop Goodwill or any others for fabric but it's a great idea and you got yourself a beautiful piece of wool.
Birgitte said... (1/16/10 11:57 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful vest, you've inspired me to try one myself. I'm a rectangle but I think we can get away with it when we wear the shirt layered like you do in the picture. Great job!
OP Gal said... (1/12/10 11:05 AM) Reply
That's a really cute vest. It fits you wonderfully. I'm not sure what you mean about your not being the right body shape for this patten. You look great in it. It's amazing that you were able to match the plaid so well using scraps of fabric. It sounds like you had the same problem as moi. I recently blew off the instructions on a project, resulting in a less than desirable outcome. I guess we're never too experienced to humbly read through the instructions and do as we're told.
okie2thdoc said... (1/12/10 11:03 AM) Reply
I really like this vest. Interesting it's a short pattern. Good job.
Stephenie said... (1/12/10 10:54 AM) Reply
Too cute! Annette, you never cease to amaze me. I think this looks great on you! I have about 4 different vest patterns and haven't made one....I think it's about time.
Peter in NYC said... (1/12/10 0:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful vest and clever re-fashion. I'll echo what has already been said: it looks great on you (at least in the pic!).
Giggles. said... (1/11/10 9:50 PM) Reply
Very nice vest! I've got this pattern and it's next on my list of sewing projects.
busymomof3 said... (1/11/10 8:36 PM) Reply
You did a great job of refashioning the fabric. I do like the vest on you and think you should wear it. Fabric looks like it would match everything :)
AnneM said... (1/11/10 8:20 PM) Reply
You should definitely wear this more than you are thinking. It looks great on you in the picture. You did a wonderful job of the vest. I can see why you like the fabric.
Christas said... (1/11/10 7:59 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you! I hope you will wear it often. I am sure your will get many compliments!
persevering said... (1/11/10 7:20 PM) Reply
Perhaps you'll wear this more than you think - it looks great on you! I was just looking at a too large old wool jacket of mine and wondering if a refashion would be a good idea - never having done it. Your review makes it clear you used the old garment as fabric and not try to incorporate the old buttonholes and original front - which is what I thought and would probably be too difficult for me. Thanks for posting this review.

Christine Jonson Travel Trio One

Christine Jonson Travel Trio One

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

by: AnnS