Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7975 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:jannw

About jannwstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/3/06
Posted on:1/13/10 6:55 PM
Last Updated:1/22/10 3:43 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $20.00 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $20.00 Pattern Details

Other Projects by jannw using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

ClaireF in CA said... (1/24/10 7:22 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, Jan! Your jacket is just gorgeous! Love your choice of fabric and such a terrific pattern! Great construction - looks like you paid big bucks for it!
renren said... (1/24/10 9:35 AM) Reply
Wow, Jan, you have really outdone yourself on this one! Beautiful! And I have that issue of Threads so it's nice to know it came in handy as a guide in assembling this Chanel-type jacket. And Home Depot to the rescue--how resourceful is that???!!! Enjoy wearing this beautiful jacket.
quixoticpixels said... (1/23/10 1:12 PM) Reply
Jan, it looks amazing. Congrats on the beautiful jacket!
loti said... (1/22/10 4:19 PM) Reply
You sneak, you've finished it. Looks great!
Athene said... (1/15/10 7:28 PM) Reply
Looks very nice - I'm eager to see a picture when you decide on the trim and apply it. This is a jacket I would wear many times.
persevering said... (1/14/10 11:48 AM) Reply
Appreciating your review - I have this pattern and hope to also to sew it, so everything described is helpful to me. I agree with everyone - looks GREAT so far. Looking forward to seeing it on you.
ElizabethDee said... (1/14/10 10:07 AM) Reply
I've been enjoying reading about your progress in your sew-along, and it's even better to see your jacket! It looks great! Some day I will want to get this pattern and I'm making note of your ideas. Like the others, I think the question of buttons depends on trim; I tend to like dressier buttons with jackets like yours. Can't wait to see how you finish it.
fourkid said... (1/14/10 8:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - be sure to bring it to the front so we can all see it when it is done. On buttons - it would depend on your trim. If you want it with that edge type trim, then I think buttons would be a distraction - but if the edge is simpler, then buttons would be a nice touch.
marjenann said... (1/14/10 7:48 AM) Reply
Great fashion piece. It would be a great addition to any wardrobe. Love the fabric and color!!!
Annette Wright said... (1/14/10 7:46 AM) Reply
I just bought that fabric and the same pattern (haven't made it though) so the review is quite timely. I think the buttons are a good idea, or a real "gaudy" style of broache (sp?) I too have bought patterns based on the waist size as I have the same fitting issue, it's not always easy to just make that part bigger. Nice job.
becca a said... (1/14/10 7:45 AM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely! I am so impressed. I can't wait to see your finished version.
kimmielovesparis said... (1/13/10 9:32 PM) Reply
katlew03 said... (1/13/10 9:31 PM) Reply
Your fabric is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see the final version. I wish I could wear wool down here but too much humidity. The color will be perfect into spring.
frame said... (1/13/10 7:24 PM) Reply
Well, it's beautiful even if you're not finished. :) I just purchased that fabric from and I'm so happy to see something made from it.

Understanding Interfacings